  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2001
      I've been quite busy with the conversion, so when the post-volume
      here is high I can't get to all the posts - usually there are a
      number of people here who are good about responding when I can't, but
      I suspect that this being near the end of the school year, and I've
      recruited a number of people to help me with the conversion, lots of
      people have less time than normal.

      Your sixth-sense idea sounds intriguing - it's not currently possible
      to handle it, but it certainly should be added to our FREQ list.

      Currently PCGen only defines requirements in terms of positives - you
      *must* be this race, or have this skill, or whatever - not you must
      *not* be this race... so it would be easier to define a class and say
      what races are allowed. That you can do now - having the alternative
      is certainly a do-able possibility. I'll see that both of them are
      added to our FREQ list so they'll be sure to get included in the app.
      Thanks!

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Roland Volz" <rmv1@o...> wrote:
      > Sorry to be a pain-in-the-ass, but I posted a couple of questions
      > last week, and no one responded. Just curious if that means that
      > they're dumb questions, or if it means that everyone is busy with
      > conversion and needs the few free hours they have to accomplish
      > nonessential tasks like eating and sleeping...
      >
      > Roland
      >
      > P.S.: Here's a repost of the questions:
      > > Subject: Possible FREQ: Race-based SPECIALS and Class
      Restrictions
      > > I am working on some races and I came up with some
      > > questions/possible feature requests.
      > > 1) One race is supposed to have a Sixth Sense ability. I was
      hoping
      > > to reflect this as some levels of the Uncanny Dodge ability, but I
      > > can't figure out how to put "base levels" of a SPECIAL in a race.
      > > For instance, a first level member of this race has the first two
      > > Uncanny Dodge abilities. If he becomes a Barbarian or Rogue, those
      > > levels stack with the two he started with.
      > >
      > > If this is impossible in the engine as it stands, could this be
      > > implemented?
      > > 2) Can I define Classes that a Race isn't allowed to get?
      Something
      > > like a PROHIBITED tag either in the race, or in all the classes
      > > that disallow it. Can this be accomplished with a VAR?
    • Roland Volz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2001
        Thanks for the answers, man!

        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > I've been quite busy with the conversion, so when the post-volume
        > here is high I can't get to all the posts - usually there are a
        > number of people here who are good about responding when I can't,
        > but I suspect that this being near the end of the school year, and
        > I've recruited a number of people to help me with the conversion,
        > lots of people have less time than normal.
        Hey, I understand that. I hope I didn't come across as impatient or
        demanding. I just figured there was a surge of activity on the list,
        and with being busy with various projects, conversion, psionics, .lst
        files, and possibly Real Life (nah!) you guys might have missed it.

        Thanks again!

        Roland
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2001