Table Roller

  • Andrew Bolin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2001
      Hi All,
      The other day I wrote a program which can load a table (if it's in
      the right format), roll on it, and display the result.
      It's part of a program I'm writing to play D&D over networks, and I
      thought the people here might find it useful.

      It comes with the "By Any Other Name: TAVERNS" tables from Dragon
      Annual 5 built in, and it's REALLY easy to add other tables.

      Basically, each table has a ".tcf" file, the first line of which is
      the table's title, and the second line is the dice to roll (eg 1d20)
      [modifiers, like 1d20+5 aren't yet supported]
      each table also has a "*.trf" file (Table Results File), which has
      one line for each possible roll on the table.
      The first character(s) on this line are the number, then a tab, then
      the commands to execute.
      Current commands are
      APPEND:<text to append>
      which appends the specified text to a string which is output when
      it's finished
      and
      ROLLTABLE:<table name.tcf>
      which rolls on the specified table.

      Commands are separated by tabs.

      Anyway, look at the example and you'll figure it out...
      If people make files, stick 'em here, and if a lot of people make
      them, I'll make a new group for it or something.....
    • hennebeck@mindless.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2001
        Andrew, I get an Error: Run Time when i use the tavern table.
        Just letting you know.

        Majyk Mykel
      • Andrew Bolin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2001
          >Andrew, I get an Error: Run Time when i use the tavern table.
          >Just letting you know.
          >
          >Majyk Mykel

          Thanks for telling me...
          It appears that "PowerZIP" zipped the files incorrectly.
          I'll upload a fixed ZIP file ASAP, but all you have to do to fix it
          is to create a sub-folder called "taverns", and move _ALL_ files
          called T2.tcf, T2.trf, ..etc... T9.tcf, T9.trf into that folder...