File - State_O_PCGen

  • pcgen@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 171 , Sep 17, 2002
      IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PCGEN - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

      PCGen is OGL or D20 compliant as of Version 4.0.0 release on Friday Sept 13, 2002! Now our goal is to acquire permission from Wizards of the Coast Inc. for all their non-SRD material (anything other than the PHB, MM, DMG and Psionics Handbook). To avoid some common hot-topics that have been beat to death, here are some basic ground rules for posting on our yahoo board:
      1. Don't ask about where the data files for Wotc's splatbooks are - they aren't SRD and we're working on getting Wotc's permission for them - it isn't a sure thing though we think our chances are fairly good.
      2. Don't attack Wotc or any of its products (including ETools!) since doing so will definitely cloud our negotiations with them for their non-SRD material. Griping about them generally isn't on-topic anyway since we're mostly interested in feedback on what you think about PCGen, bug reports, feature requests or ideas on how to improve the documentation, presentation or anything else PCGen related.
      3. If you correct (i.e. flame!) someone else and they return the compliment, drop it at that. If you feel the other poster was out of line, send an email to pcgen-owner@yahoogroups.com which will be sent to all the moderators who will take the appropriate action (ban user and/or delete post and/or issue warning on or off list).

      We like to keep things friendly, polite, respectful and on-topic. We like to help newbies figure out how to get the most out of PCGen, including getting the hang of creating their own data files. If you know how we could do something different to make using PCGen more intuitive, we're all ears. If you want to get involved in any way, let us know - there's plenty to do!

      Thanks.

      Bryan McRoberts
      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
    • pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Message 171 of 171 , Jun 3, 2007
        IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PCGEN - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!
        Last Updated: 3rd June, 2007

        Current version
        ---------------

        5.12.0 is the new shiny release that you want :)

        When will 3.5e be supported in PCGen?

        3.5e is supported in PCGen since version 5.6. Since PCGen is OGL compliant, we refer to 3.5e as RSRD (Revised System Resource Document) that is the free version of the core 3.5e books that Wizards of the Coast produces. In the "Settings" menu of PCGen, select the "Game Mode" menu item and you'll see how you can switch between game modes like 3.5e and 3e. Depending upon which Game Mode you're in, the list of books you can load will vary. We created a Game Mode for 3.5e because there are a number of rules differences between it and 3e.

        Where are Wizard's of the Coast's books and modules?

        Those were handled under a special license by the gang at Code Monkey Publishing. Wizards of the Coast allowed Code Monkey Publishing's license to expire on 12/1/06, so these sets are no longer available.

        Where are the Star Wars/Call of Cthulhu/Wheel of Time files?

        Even though Wizards of the Coast produces those books, they don't own exclusive rights to that material. We'll need to get permission from both Wizards and the other copyright owner(s) of said material before we can include them in PCGen. It is our intention to acquire this permission, but we're being very careful about how we proceed to maximize our chance of success. We'll keep everyone informed when anything worthy of reporting occurs. :)

        PCGen is OGL (Open Gaming License) but no longer d20 compliant

        Versions 4.0.0 through 4.3.12 were D20 compliant - this compliance was dropped with version 5.0 because we wanted to better support publishers who were not D20 compliant.

        Thanks!
        Bryan McRoberts (Benevolent Dictator) and Martijn Verburg (Chair Monkey)