Status

  • David Cortijo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2001
      OK, folks, here's the update. I've waded through nearly a thousand emails
      in the past few days (you people have been BUSY!) and I have a total of 84
      (actually 68 now - just knocked out a few... they go quickly now) emails I
      need to go back over. This emails address the following:

      Feature Requests (changes I need to make to the FREQ file)
      Psionics (people offering to help and the like)
      Dragon Magazine features.

      Now, here's the scoop. As far as Psioncs go, the only necessary feature
      I've found of all the ones listed in the past week is the ability to set a
      specific Spellcaster type for a feat prereq. I've gotten Power Points
      running smoothly (and for the record, the classes are coded separately with
      a PROHIBITED: tag - or some similar name - to prevent multiclassing between
      Psions). I will send out a general email to all the people who have
      mentioned the desire to help with precisely what remains to be done once I
      am finished with the feature request work.

      As far as the FREQs go, I have to go over them to add them to the general
      file. Just one thing that stood out in my mind - the SIDES increase to HD.
      You have to increase the sides, rather than adding a D2 - otherwise you
      screw up probabilities and hp ranges (d8 has a minimum of 1, average of 4.5
      while d6+d2 has a minimum of 2 and an average of 5, for example).
      Similarly, d3-1 won't work either (chance of an 8 on d8 is one-in-eight,
      while on d6+d3-1 it's one-in-eighteen). I will adress FREQs (and changes to
      the file due to releases) first, then send out the Psionics email. this
      feature will be VERY usefull for template implementation.

      As far as Dragon Magazine goes (mainly the Eldritch Master and Dragon 282),
      that will be off to the side for the moment. I know that I've mentioned
      this before, but the Eldritch Master is not currently workable - there is
      too much involved mechanics-wise. I will do my best to get that working
      when I have a free moment, but try not to get too worked up if I can't right
      away. Some of the other outsanding Dragon classes rely on Psionics, so I'm
      trying to get that finished first.

      I am free tonight and, barring the appearance of something that would take
      my attention away from the program, I will have all the FREQ updates
      finished and the Psionics stuff in full swing in the next two hours or so.
      If possible, I will produce a semi-functional version of the Eldritch
      Master, but I make no guarantees.

      Regarding the Dragonlance campaign - nothing on the site is guaranteed to be
      in the new rules. In fact, there are so many new rules on the site that I'm
      considering completely stepping away from that project (for those
      interested, take a look at www.dl3e.com and check out the rules section -
      you'll see what I mean).

      That's pretty much all I wanted to address right now. Those involved with
      Psionics will hear from me again shortly - and hopefully everyone will hear
      about success with the Eldritch Master as well.

      Dave
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2001
        Great news! Thanks! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've put
        in the FREQ file (feature requests, for those unfamiliar with the
        acronym, though it's not really an accronym, is it?)

        -Bryan

      • pcgen@chuckpint.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2005
          Forwarded message is available.