wheel of time

  • mhowlett8
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
      While many of us understand your desire to follow the 'rules' of WOTC
      and remain compliant, many of us out here are dying for lst files for
      other RPGs. I, in particular, am waiting for wheel of time.

      So, if you have any email addresses of people at WOTC we can complain
      to, that would do 2 things: 1) perhaps put a minscule (sp?) amount
      of pressure on them to hurry up and let you use non SRD material and
      2) make us feel important and accomplished.

      Yours.

      MikeH

      p.s. if anyone out there knows a chargen program/lst files that can
      get me some quick WOT characters, feel free to let me know.
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
        Mike,

        Here's the deal on that...

        The mechanics are WotC's. they have to give us permission to
        use those mechanics 1st off. The next part is the tricky part. They
        licensed the WoT stuff to make 2 books, and they would have to get
        permission from Jordan to give us permission to use it as well.

        So 1st things 1st, let us get the last bits of the OGL & D20
        done and in the clear with WotC, once they give us a clean bill of
        health, then I'll find out who you would send emails to, to pester. :)

        Fair enough?

        And please do not ask for list files or someone to share them with you.
        You obviously have a clue what's up, so by asking you are violating what
        Bryan has asked people to not do and further hurt any arguments we can
        make to WotC about playing nice. That was the nice reply. :)

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
        - List files & Documentation Silverback
        - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer

        While many of us understand your desire to follow the 'rules' of WOTC
        and remain compliant, many of us out here are dying for lst files for
        other RPGs. I, in particular, am waiting for wheel of time.

        So, if you have any email addresses of people at WOTC we can complain
        to, that would do 2 things: 1) perhaps put a minscule (sp?) amount
        of pressure on them to hurry up and let you use non SRD material and
        2) make us feel important and accomplished.

        Yours.

        MikeH

        p.s. if anyone out there knows a chargen program/lst files that can
        get me some quick WOT characters, feel free to let me know.
      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hi MikeH

          I'm afraid you're going to have to exercise patience 8-). I don't think
          'pressure' from joe public will really help our cause at this stage. We
          already have excellent negotiations with WoTC and are quite hopeful. But
          _first_ we must deliver a totally compliant version of PCGEN, until that is
          done we can go no further.

          We also do not tolerate (sorry for the use of strong language here) people
          asking for LST files for forbidden sources, this just pisses WoTC off and
          makes our chances of getting stuff back all the smaller.

          I hope I wasn't too impolite there, but that's the story 8-).

          Karianna

          Tracker Monkey

          While many of us understand your desire to follow the 'rules' of WOTC
          and remain compliant, many of us out here are dying for lst files for
          other RPGs. I, in particular, am waiting for wheel of time.

          So, if you have any email addresses of people at WOTC we can complain
          to, that would do 2 things: 1) perhaps put a minscule (sp?) amount
          of pressure on them to hurry up and let you use non SRD material and
          2) make us feel important and accomplished.

          Yours.

          MikeH

          p.s. if anyone out there knows a chargen program/lst files that can
          get me some quick WOT characters, feel free to let me know.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
          61:HM/A=810373/R=0/*http:/geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
          61:HM/A=810373/R=1/*http:/geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

          <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
          <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
          <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

        • mhowlett8
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
            Grazzie mille for the info.

            Nevermind on the lst stuff... didnt realize it was so touchy.

            MikeH
          • James Hood
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2002
              he didnt really ask to have them...or ask for someone to send them to him,
              he asked about them though......is that the new taboo?, not mentioning them
              in the first place?

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2002
                James,

                "p.s. if anyone out there knows a chargen program/lst files that can
                get me some quick WOT characters, feel free to let me know."

                And you don't think that's asking for them? It was veiled, somewhat.

                If anyone knows of lst files out there... that's asking about them...

                Feel free to let me know... That's asking to have them emailed or
                pointed to where he can download them.

                Had he left off the part about the lst files, there would have been no
                issue, and I would not have made my comment on it.

                No one ever said that mentioning the old list files was not allowed.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2002
                    On this note, I'd like to reiterate once again that I have a team of
                    four to six people that are ready to go full bore into the WoT
                    setting when we get approved. We started working on the files before
                    the decision was made to pull all Non-OGL stuff out of the program
                    and (here's the important part) WE HAVE NOT WORKED ON THEM SINCE.

                    My purpose with this message is to assure you WoT fans that you have
                    not been forgotten and, if permission is granted and everyone is
                    happy with the world, we will get WoT back into PCGen eventually.
                    But that is only IF, not when, we get permission.

                    Thank you, this has been a public service announcement.

                    Ark
                    Feat Gibbon
                    LST Chimp
                    Baby Soul Monkey Reaper
                    Project Leader: Rokugan (PP), Kingdoms of Kalamar

                    Service.

                  • James Wright
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
                      I know that i am probality get flamed at about this but.

                      Can someone give me the prereqs for the blademaster class out of the wheel of time book, i loaned my bood to a new commer in the game, and i dm e-mailed me telling me that i levled up and for the life of me i can't remember the pre stuff that i need for that class.

                      James
                    • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
                        <Karianna frowns>

                        "My young Padawan, although I _definitely_ believe in your good intentions,
                        you should probably know better you do serve a minion of evil after all!!!

                        In future it would best you ask the people you know privately (via IM etc)
                        8-)

                        Thanks ;p

                        Karianna

                        PCGEN Mod

                      • Keith Davies
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
                          --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...> wrote:
                          > On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:57:22AM -0700, James Wright wrote:
                          > > I know that i am probality get flamed at about this but.
                          > >
                          > > Can someone give me the prereqs for the blademaster class out of
                          > > the wheel of time book, i loaned my bood to a new commer in the
                          > > game
                          >
                          > Hi James,

                          <cartman>Dammit!</cartman>

                          Sorry all, that was supposed to be offlist. Message deleted.

                          K.