Filters

  • CC Americas 1 Carstensen James
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2002
      I like the filters, and use them often. Great feature. I'd like to be able to add in customized filters (beyond what is just there now) by being able to search/exclude other tags. To take the classes filter for an example (and using 3.0.0 terminology): BAB:G or !WILLPOWERCHECK:B.

      It would seem that as long as all we are searching for is tags in the class description this wouldn't be too bad, and opening it up to typed options keeps filters as useful with other games.

      Now that my "hey, this seems like a natural extension" idea has been put forth, let me put out my more ambitious idea for the classes filter.

      I would like a way to filter or sort by number of missing requisites. This could be a series of filters, it could be a column we could sort on, etc. So if a prestige class required Alertness, 4 ranks of Hide, and 4 ranks of Move Silently, and the character had 8 ranks of Hide but no other the others, this would be a "2".

      This is mostly used while creating PCs & NPCs to see what prestige classes they are near qualifying for. Let's you browse through and discover things. (Hmm if I take Endurance I can get Dwarven Defender next level.)

      Is this worthwhile? Should I create a FREQ?

      Cheers,
      Blue
    • Brad Sumner
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
        Is there a way to create a custom filter that will make only things that
        a character qualifies for show on the lists of skills, feats, deities,
        classes and so on

        --
        Brad Sumner
        ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
          How can a user create a filter in PCGen? (Speaking of which, can a user
          create a filter in PCGen?)
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008

            2008/6/3 bleaciu <bleaciu@...>:

            > How can a user create a filter in PCGen? (Speaking of which, can a user
            > create a filter in PCGen?)

            All the filters available are defined in code, but generally run from the
            data (so the types come from data, but filtering by type is defined in the
            code).

            What did you want to filter and what by?

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB

          • Caleb Ulfers
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
              I want to filter monsters by intelligence score.

               Caleb Ulfers

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 24, 2008
                So, how am I supposed to do this?

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 25, 2008
                  Hi Caleb,

                  I don't think it is possible at this time. You'd have to do some Java
                  coding to create a filter based on intelligence and then get that
                  included in a release. I've flagged this for tracker monkey to raise
                  this as a feature request (please).

                  Depending on what this for (I have a vague recollection it involved
                  animal companions) you might want to check out the
                  data/srd35/basics/rsrd_companionmods file and see if any of that is
                  adaptable to your needs.

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  On 25/06/2008 2:21 PM Caleb Ulfers wrote
                  > So, how am I supposed to do this?
                  > Caleb Ulfers

                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 25, 2008
                    Trackered 2002363 Filter monsters on INT - K

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 13 6:00 PM
                      I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                       Caleb Ulfers

                      Trackered 2002363 Filter monsters on INT - K

                      > Hi Caleb,
                      >
                      > I don't think it is possible at this time. You'd have to do some Java
                      > coding to create a filter based on intelligence and then get that
                      > included in a release. I've flagged this for tracker monkey to raise
                      > this as a feature request (please).
                      >
                      > Depending on what this for (I have a vague recollection it involved
                      > animal companions) you might want to check out the
                      > data/srd35/basics/ rsrd_companionmo ds file and see if any of that is
                      > adaptable to your needs.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > James.
                      >
                      > On 25/06/2008 2:21 PM Caleb Ulfers wrote
                      > > So, how am I supposed to do this?
                      > > Caleb Ulfers

                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 13 7:41 PM
                        On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:
                        > I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                        > Caleb Ulfers

                        A Filter is strictly a User Interface thing. What are you trying to do?

                        PCGen LST Chimp
                      • Tir Gwaith
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 13 7:56 PM
                          On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:
                          > I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                          > Caleb Ulfers

                          A Filter is strictly a User Interface thing. What are you trying to do?

                          PCGen LST Chimp
                        • CalebU
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 25, 2011
                            Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus creating it.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 27, 2011
                              *bump*

                              On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                              > Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus creating it.

                              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                            • Andrew Wilson
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                                On 27 February 2011 15:12, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                                > *bump*
                                >
                                > On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                                >> Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character
                                >> (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp
                                >> group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus
                                >> creating it.

                                I have no idea what Caleb is asking here. Filters where?

                                If this imaginary filter existed, what would it do?

                                andrew
                              • Susan Dittmar
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                                  Quoting Andrew Wilson (andrew@...):
                                  > > On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                                  > >> Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character
                                  > >> (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp
                                  > >> group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus
                                  > >> creating it.
                                  >
                                  > I have no idea what Caleb is asking here. Filters where?

                                  I guess he thinks of the race and/or template selection, where you can
                                  restrict the list displayed to those fitting some filtering criteria.

                                  Susan
                                • Eric C Smith
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                                    Greetings Caleb!

                                    Can you give us a clearer description of what you wish to filter? Which tab are you wishing to do this filtering on?

                                    Thanks!

                                    Maredudd