Re: Bows and ammo equip.

  • dinthron
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      I was thinking of possibly making bows/crossbows, etc. a container to
      hold one ammo item.

      What do people think about that?

      However, when equipping the (cross)bow, the code would need to add the
      "contained" bonuses. I don't think its currently setup to do so.

      --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > At 11:48 2002.09.01, Timothy J. Lanza wrote:
      > >At 10:40 AM 9/1/2002, "pcswear00" <pcswear00@y...> wrote:
      > >>I just realized that the in the equipping screen you which i just
      > >>started to use a while back that if you equip a magical bow and
      > >>magical arrow it doesnt give you all the damage bonuses is there a
      > >>way to adjust this in the program so that say you have a mighty
      > >>composite long bow +1 equipped both hands and an arrow +1 equipped
      > >>that it will show the bonuses, all of them str, bow, and arrow in the
      > >>damage.
      > >
      > >Because you could carry different combinations of bows and arrows
      for different purposes, and mix them up in a variety of combinations,
      the arrow bonus is a situational/circumstantial bonus. PCGen only
      handles set, hard modifications, not ones which can change on the fly.

      > >I originally thought it should work the way you mention, but after
      much talking, it is consistent with the way the rest of PCGen functions.

      > Still, if you really want your bow to caculate all including the +1
      from your arrow, you can customise yourself a "circonstance bonus"
      bow. You just create a mighty bow and than add another +1 over it.
      Give it a name such as "Mighty Bow with +1 Arrow" and this should do
      want you want (you probably want to give you circonstance bow a weight
      of 0 though). You will still see the normal stats for your bow and
      will have the bow with +1 arrows on another line.

      > Hope this helps

      > √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
      > >> Camels to can climb trees (and sometime eat them)
      > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
    • gsbingl
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "dinthron" <dinthron@y...> wrote:
        > I was thinking of possibly making bows/crossbows, etc. a container
        > hold one ammo item.
        >
        > What do people think about that?

        Why limit it to only one ammo item? Wouldn't you want it to show all
        available usable ammo?

        > However, when equipping the (cross)bow, the code would need to add
        the
        > "contained" bonuses. I don't think its currently setup to do so.

        It wouldn't be the equipping code so much as the export code, but
        it's not set up to do it either.

        Byngl