Re: [pcgen] Re: Need help with *races.lst for Living Jungle

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
      At 12:18 2002.09.01, ken_jenks wrote:
      >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
      >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
      >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
      >>
      >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
      >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
      >
      >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
      >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
      >Rogue because you are this race."
      >
      >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
      >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?
      >
      >-- Ken Jenks

      PRECLASS:Rogue=1 should be read as "you have to be at least one Rogue level".

      The "!" reverse that to "You should not have any Rogue level".

      The = sign is a bit misleading since it is more a separator than an operator here.

      Hope that helps.

      √Čric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
        At 12:18 PM 9/1/2002, you wrote:
        >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
        >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
        >>
        >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
        >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
        >
        >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
        >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
        >Rogue because you are this race."
        >
        >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
        >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

        You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • ken_jenks
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
          I asked:

          Timothy J. Lanza replied:
          > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

          That worked. Thanks.

          Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
          treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

          -- Ken Jenks
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
            > I asked:
            >
            > Timothy J. Lanza replied:
            > > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.
            >
            > That worked. Thanks.
            >
            > Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
            > treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

            On every race, except Oscray (Orcs) have the tag CSKILL:Wilderness
            Lore

            -Bryan