Re: Need help with *races.lst for Living Jungle

  • ken_jenks
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
      > > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
      > > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
      >
      > Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
      > be at least a level 1 Rogue.

      Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
      race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
      Rogue because you are this race."

      Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
      that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

      -- Ken Jenks
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
        At 12:18 2002.09.01, ken_jenks wrote:
        >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
        >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
        >>
        >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
        >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
        >
        >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
        >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
        >Rogue because you are this race."
        >
        >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
        >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?
        >
        >-- Ken Jenks

        PRECLASS:Rogue=1 should be read as "you have to be at least one Rogue level".

        The "!" reverse that to "You should not have any Rogue level".

        The = sign is a bit misleading since it is more a separator than an operator here.

        Hope that helps.

        √Čric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Timothy J. Lanza
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
          At 12:18 PM 9/1/2002, you wrote:
          >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
          >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
          >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
          >>
          >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
          >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
          >
          >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
          >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
          >Rogue because you are this race."
          >
          >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
          >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

          You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

          --
          Timothy J. Lanza
        • ken_jenks
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
            I asked:

            Timothy J. Lanza replied:
            > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

            That worked. Thanks.

            Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
            treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

            -- Ken Jenks
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
              > I asked:
              >
              > Timothy J. Lanza replied:
              > > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.
              >
              > That worked. Thanks.
              >
              > Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
              > treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

              On every race, except Oscray (Orcs) have the tag CSKILL:Wilderness
              Lore

              -Bryan