RE: [pcgen] Just some notes...

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 1, 2002

      I am going to reserve judgement on most of these issues until I've seen what
      has been done, except for one thing. On virtually *every* Windows
      application I've written that has popups for major functionality, my users
      have expressed their...distaste. I've always had to either put everything
      on one screen, or use a tabbed system similar to what PCGen uses. It's
      gotten to where I don't even bother to build those into my prototypes
      anymore.

      Even for errors (such as the popup that tells me I have to choose an
      alignment before a class), I've gotten into the habit of avoiding popups,
      instead, changing focus to the control that needs adjusting, and changing
      the label to be red or putting a message in a status bar at the bottom of
      the screen.

      > The preview tab has been removed since most of its usefulness has
      > been replaced by the Summary tab.

      I've already expressed my desire to have the Preview tab back in, especially
      since it's been an optional tab for several versions now. I'm also going to
      reserve comment on the Summary tab until I've seen it. That has the
      potential to become very crowded, though.

      Brass
    • Sussenberger, John
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 3, 2002
        Ahh, like Maste...E-tools.