Re: Need help with *races.lst for Living Jungle

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
      > I'm working on a Living Jungle set of .lst files. In ljraces.lst,
      >
      > 1) How do I make the Butu walk 30, but move 40 in mountains?

      You can make up your own movement type, just have one
      called "Mountain" and set it to 40.
      MOVE:Walk,30,Mountain,40

      > 2) For the Katanga Pangolin, how do I give the user the choice
      > between Knife and Short Bow as bonus proficiency?

      WEAPONBONUS:Knife|Shortbow

      > 3) For the Katanga Tiger, how do I give the character a bonus
      > on "Track" skill, without affecting other Wilderness Lore checks?

      This is a situataion bonus, right? You could just have an SA:+x on
      Track checks

      > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger cannot be
      Rogues,
      > and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.

      Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot be at least
      a level 1 Rogue.

      > 5) How do I handle the multiple forms of the form-changing Katanga,
      > like animal/biped/nubari forms? Templates?

      Yup.

      > I'd appreciate some help from people familiar with .lst files.

      Even though I started the lst files, I think at this point there are
      others who are more proficient with them. Let us know if the
      documentation isn't clear enough as we're always trying to improve
      it! :)

      -Bryan

      > -- Ken Jenks
    • ken_jenks
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
        > > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
        > > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
        >
        > Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
        > be at least a level 1 Rogue.

        Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
        race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
        Rogue because you are this race."

        Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
        that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

        -- Ken Jenks
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
          At 12:18 2002.09.01, ken_jenks wrote:
          >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
          >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
          >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
          >>
          >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
          >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
          >
          >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
          >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
          >Rogue because you are this race."
          >
          >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
          >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?
          >
          >-- Ken Jenks

          PRECLASS:Rogue=1 should be read as "you have to be at least one Rogue level".

          The "!" reverse that to "You should not have any Rogue level".

          The = sign is a bit misleading since it is more a separator than an operator here.

          Hope that helps.

          √Čric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
            At 12:18 PM 9/1/2002, you wrote:
            >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
            >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
            >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
            >>
            >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
            >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
            >
            >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
            >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
            >Rogue because you are this race."
            >
            >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
            >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

            You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

            --
            Timothy J. Lanza
          • ken_jenks
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
              I asked:

              Timothy J. Lanza replied:
              > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

              That worked. Thanks.

              Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
              treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

              -- Ken Jenks
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
                > I asked:
                >
                > Timothy J. Lanza replied:
                > > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.
                >
                > That worked. Thanks.
                >
                > Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
                > treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

                On every race, except Oscray (Orcs) have the tag CSKILL:Wilderness
                Lore

                -Bryan