Need help with *races.lst for Living Jungle

  • ken_jenks
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2002
      I'm working on a Living Jungle set of .lst files. In ljraces.lst,

      1) How do I make the Butu walk 30, but move 40 in mountains?

      2) For the Katanga Pangolin, how do I give the user the choice
      between Knife and Short Bow as bonus proficiency?

      3) For the Katanga Tiger, how do I give the character a bonus
      on "Track" skill, without affecting other Wilderness Lore checks?

      4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger cannot be Rogues,
      and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.

      5) How do I handle the multiple forms of the form-changing Katanga,
      like animal/biped/nubari forms? Templates?

      I'd appreciate some help from people familiar with .lst files.

      -- Ken Jenks
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
        > I'm working on a Living Jungle set of .lst files. In ljraces.lst,
        >
        > 1) How do I make the Butu walk 30, but move 40 in mountains?

        You can make up your own movement type, just have one
        called "Mountain" and set it to 40.
        MOVE:Walk,30,Mountain,40

        > 2) For the Katanga Pangolin, how do I give the user the choice
        > between Knife and Short Bow as bonus proficiency?

        WEAPONBONUS:Knife|Shortbow

        > 3) For the Katanga Tiger, how do I give the character a bonus
        > on "Track" skill, without affecting other Wilderness Lore checks?

        This is a situataion bonus, right? You could just have an SA:+x on
        Track checks

        > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger cannot be
        Rogues,
        > and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.

        Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot be at least
        a level 1 Rogue.

        > 5) How do I handle the multiple forms of the form-changing Katanga,
        > like animal/biped/nubari forms? Templates?

        Yup.

        > I'd appreciate some help from people familiar with .lst files.

        Even though I started the lst files, I think at this point there are
        others who are more proficient with them. Let us know if the
        documentation isn't clear enough as we're always trying to improve
        it! :)

        -Bryan

        > -- Ken Jenks
      • ken_jenks
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
          > > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
          > > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
          >
          > Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
          > be at least a level 1 Rogue.

          Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
          race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
          Rogue because you are this race."

          Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
          that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

          -- Ken Jenks
        • Eric Beaudoin
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
            At 12:18 2002.09.01, ken_jenks wrote:
            >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
            >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
            >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
            >>
            >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
            >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
            >
            >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
            >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
            >Rogue because you are this race."
            >
            >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
            >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?
            >
            >-- Ken Jenks

            PRECLASS:Rogue=1 should be read as "you have to be at least one Rogue level".

            The "!" reverse that to "You should not have any Rogue level".

            The = sign is a bit misleading since it is more a separator than an operator here.

            Hope that helps.

            √Čric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>
          • Timothy J. Lanza
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
              At 12:18 PM 9/1/2002, you wrote:
              >--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
              >> > 4) How do I make a restricted class? Katanga Tiger
              >> > cannot be Rogues, and Oscray cannot be Witchdoctors.
              >>
              >> Hm, I think you can have !PRECLASS:Rogue=1 to mean Cannot
              >> be at least a level 1 Rogue.
              >
              >Would that work? It seems to me that would mean, "You can't be this
              >race if you have a level of Rogue." What I want is, "You can't be a
              >Rogue because you are this race."
              >
              >Maybe I have to modify my ljclasses.lst instead. How do I specify
              >that a particular class cannot be used by a particular race?

              You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

              --
              Timothy J. Lanza
            • ken_jenks
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
                I asked:

                Timothy J. Lanza replied:
                > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.

                That worked. Thanks.

                Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
                treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

                -- Ken Jenks
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "ken_jenks" <KenJenks@a...> wrote:
                  > I asked:
                  >
                  > Timothy J. Lanza replied:
                  > > You could try a !PRERACE on the class.
                  >
                  > That worked. Thanks.
                  >
                  > Now I have another LJ problem. Every race except for Oscray (Orcs)
                  > treat Wilderness Lore as a class skill. How do I do that?

                  On every race, except Oscray (Orcs) have the tag CSKILL:Wilderness
                  Lore

                  -Bryan