[PCGEN 3.1.1] File name changes

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 5:50 PM
      In order to better satisfy the d20 licence, the Wizards of the Coast file have been renamed using the official abbreviation for the core books i.e. phb, dmg and mm. The abbreviations are used in both the directories and the file names.

      This means that what use to be

      ...\core\playershandbook\playershbclasses.lst

      is now

      ...\core\phb\phbclasses.lst

      Also, sine Wizards of the Coast was the only publisher using with an abbreviation for in the data (all the other publishers use the full name without space instead as oppose to wotc), we took the opportunity to rename the base directory to "wizardsofthecoast". To compensate for the extra length, it was decided to change "dungeonsanddragons" to "dnd".

      This means that what was

      data\wotc\sourcebooks\dungeonsanddragons\core\playershandbook\playershbclasses.lst

      is now

      data\wizardsofthecoast\sourcebooks\dnd\core\phb\phbclasses.lst

      All the .PCC files have be modified accordingly.

      What does that mean for you guys? Well, if you keep the same option.ini file from release to release, PCGEN will complain that it cannot locate the core rulebook files (but only once). All you need to do is to select the file again and you will be all right.

      If you have your own .PCC files, you will need to modify them for the new path and new file names otherwise PCGEN will complain very loudly. And don't forget the LSTEXCLUDE if you use them. Because of the way they work, you will not get any message if you forget to correct them.

      We hope that this will not be too much of an inconvenience for you all.

      Best

    • pkingdnd
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        *snip*

        Doing this still gives the appearance of pulling the information
        directly from the core books (not allowed) instead of the SRD
        (allowed). Granted, the curretn d20 System Guide
        (http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/d20guide.rtf) does allow the use of
        PHB, DMG, MM and Psionics Handbook...I just think that the current
        method of the directory structure implies you are using non-OGC
        sources for your information.

        Paul W. King
        TL NBoNPCs, FanCC
        TL Rep to the CC, FanCC
        Compliance Monkey, PCGen
      • Mynex
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
          Well, compliance is what our concern is. Appearance only matters within
          PCGen... that's what people will be looking at... If they dig into the
          data directory structure 1st and draw that (false) conclusion, then we
          can point them to the d20 guide and tell them to actually look at the
          content. Both will be in compliance, so if they care to raise a fuss
          over it, then they will be showing that they don't care we're in
          compliance, they simply have issues with PCGen no matter what lengths we
          go to.

          And for what it's worth, we've changed the names on the data structure
          about 10 times before settling on that structure.

          Mynex

          - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
          - List files & Documentation Silverback
          - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer