Re: Just some notes...

  • gsbingl
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
      > I don't know if it's a PCGen problem or a Java problem, but PCGen
      seems to have a problem with modal pop-ups (or is it non-modal, I
      forget). Quite frequently, the Equipment Customizer window slips
      behind the main PCGen window, even when I haven't clicked on the main
      window. In fact, sometimes it even happens when I'm actually doing
      stuff in the Customizer window.

      > I know that both Visual Basic and Borland's Delphi have provisions
      for preventing a parent window from getting focus when a child window
      (invoked as modal or non-modal, I can't remember which is which) is
      still open. Does Java have this functionality?

      > If this can't be fixed, all these pop-up windows are starting to
      worry me.

      The customizer will become hidden whenever a chooser window is popped
      up, but it should come to the foreground when the chooser is closed.
      If its not, can you let me know what you are doing and I'll fix it. I
      thought I'd caught all of them.

      I just fixed a similar problem with the Ability popup (again, caused
      by the chooser).

      FYI:
      modal: cannot click on other windows until it is closed (or pops up
      another window)
      non-modal:click on whatever you want, get back to it whenever...

      The customizer is non-modal

      Byngl
    • Sussenberger, John
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 3, 2002