Just some notes...

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 31, 2002
      Some of you will notice that there are a lot of changes when 3.1.1
      comes out (planned on Monday night).

      These changes include:
      Equipping and Resources tabs have been turned into buttons on the
      Inventory tab... you click on the "Equipping" button and the
      Equipping tab pops up as a separate window. Same for Resources.
      This reduces the number of tabs by 2, and since these 3 tabs were all
      fairly connected, it made a lot of sense.

      Since we no longer roll stats, you're assumed to be in purchase
      mode. The stats have been moved from the Abilities tab to the
      Summary tab, and you can now edit the score which means that the +/-
      buttons have been removed. There's no need for the Zero or Reset
      buttons, so those have hit the dustbin. The summary tab has been made
      non-optional since it now has vital information (sorry Jonas!) ;) The
      Stat Cost: field below the Stats indicates the cost of your character
      according to the stat purchase costs you've defined. This value is
      re-calced according to your stats for 0 and 1st level characters.

      The weaponprofs have been moved from the Feats tab to the Abilities
      tab.

      The Abilities tab will be turned into a button which brings up a
      window on the Summary tab, just like the Equipping window/button on
      the Inventory tab.

      The Notes and Profile tabs have both been collapsed into the
      Description tab.

      There is now a way to export the Notes elements.
      |NOTE.ALL.beforename.aftername.beforevalue.aftervalue|
      e.g.
      would cycle through all the notes and put a bold html tag before and
      after the name of the note, and put a newline before the value.
      Instead of ALL you can specify the name of a Note or a 0-based index.

      The preview tab has been removed since most of its usefulness has
      been replaced by the Summary tab.

      Technically this means we will have removed 6 tabs
      (Notes,Profiles,Equipping,Resources,Preview,Abilities)! The Doc
      Monkeys are going to have fun.:)

      What does the above have to do with OGL/D20 work? Um - none
      directly. We were having to go through the documentation again
      anyway, and since that meant taking all new screenshots again, we
      thought we might as well make these changes we'd been kicking
      around. That and we're gluttons for punishment. :)

      -Bryan
    • Sussenberger, John
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 3, 2002
        Ahh, like Maste...E-tools.