[missing] Masterwork ammunition

  • cdrradar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
      Masterwork ammunition grants a +1 bonus to attack rolls. This
      bonus stacks with any bonus granted by the weapon used. The costs
      for the ammunition are given in Table 7-9 (PHB p114), and described
      on pp113-114.
      I was unable to locate such ammunition in the program. Are other
      masterwork weapons missing also?
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
        At 05:05 AM 8/31/2002, you wrote:
        > Masterwork ammunition grants a +1 bonus to attack rolls. This
        >bonus stacks with any bonus granted by the weapon used. The costs
        >for the ammunition are given in Table 7-9 (PHB p114), and described
        >on pp113-114.
        > I was unable to locate such ammunition in the program. Are other
        >masterwork weapons missing also?

        There is nothing masterwork in PCGen at all. Any item that is not explicitly listed is not present at all.

        In order to have such things as masterwork arrows or +5 Defending Haddock, you need to use the Item Customizer. Right-click on the original item, and you'll be able to find it.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • cdrradar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
          Thanks for the heads-up. My bad!

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
          > At 05:05 AM 8/31/2002, you wrote:
          > > Masterwork ammunition grants a +1 bonus to attack rolls. This
          > >bonus stacks with any bonus granted by the weapon used. The
          costs
          > >for the ammunition are given in Table 7-9 (PHB p114), and
          described
          > >on pp113-114.
          > > I was unable to locate such ammunition in the program. Are
          other
          > >masterwork weapons missing also?
          >
          > There is nothing masterwork in PCGen at all. Any item that is not
          explicitly listed is not present at all.

          > In order to have such things as masterwork arrows or +5 Defending
          Haddock, you need to use the Item Customizer. Right-click on the
          original item, and you'll be able to find it.

          > --
          > Timothy J. Lanza
          > "When we can't dream any longer, we die." - Emma Goldman
        • verylargelump
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
            <snip>
            > In order to have such things as masterwork arrows or +5 Defending Haddock, you need to use the Item Customizer. Right-click on the original item, and you'll be able to find it.
            >
            > Timothy J. Lanza

            +5 Defending Haddock?
            Exotic Weapon?

            Or a kind of Shield perhaps?

            Who would use it? Members of what class, and under what circumstances?

            [Sorry, but this just tickled me so much I had to pick on it..]

            VLL
          • dinthron
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
              Is that a reference to a fish-slapping defense?

              --- In pcgen@y..., "verylargelump" <john@s...> wrote:
              > <snip>
              > > In order to have such things as masterwork arrows or +5 Defending
              Haddock, you need to use the Item Customizer. Right-click on the
              original item, and you'll be able to find it.

              > > Timothy J. Lanza
              >
              > +5 Defending Haddock?
              > Exotic Weapon?
              >
              > Or a kind of Shield perhaps?
              >
              > Who would use it? Members of what class, and under what circumstances?
              >
              > [Sorry, but this just tickled me so much I had to pick on it..]
              >
              > VLL
            • Timothy J. Lanza
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
                At 06:14 PM 8/31/2002, you wrote:
                ><snip>
                >> In order to have such things as masterwork arrows or +5 Defending Haddock, you need to use the Item Customizer. Right-click on the original item, and you'll be able to find it.
                >>
                >> Timothy J. Lanza
                >
                >+5 Defending Haddock?
                >Exotic Weapon?
                >
                >Or a kind of Shield perhaps?
                >
                >Who would use it? Members of what class, and under what circumstances?
                >
                >[Sorry, but this just tickled me so much I had to pick on it..]

                Oh, I assure you, it is most definitely a weapon. What you have to understand here, is that a fish is automatically a Plant Bane weapon by virtue of being a fish. The most powerful, of course, is a herring. They're commonly used by English knights to cut down trees.

                --
                Timothy J. Lanza