Re: [pcgen] More questions...

  • Michael Sears
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2001
      alexandr332@... wrote:

      > Forgot... Also, on my character sheet that I did print out, my level
      > 4R/1F with a 16 Str has a -1 to hit with a Long sword... isn't this
      > wrong? It should be +8(+5 level... +3 Str), right?

      If you're refering to a modifier listed in the weapon description, it
      only lists additional modifiers, not your total attack bonus.
      e.g. I created a Ranger with Weapon Focus:Shortsword and equipped two of
      them for two-weapon fighting and the modifier listed was -1. -2 total for
      two weapons and +1 for Focus.

      > And maybe I'm missing something else, but is there anyway to equip
      > magic items? Or does that involve editting some .lst files? I'm not
      > a programmer so I don't want to go into files I know nothing about
      > and start messing... my character has a Keen, flaming burst Long
      > sword but the only weapon I found on the list was a regular long
      > sword and some SPECIAL Greyhawk sword(the name escapes me at the
      > moment).

      Right now there are only a couple of items created by the programmer. lst
      files can be edited with WordPad or MSWord. Proper syntax is in the
      readme file. It's pretty easy.

      > And hopefully noone takes my questions as complaining, this
      > PCgenerator seems like it would be extremly powerful if I knew how to
      > edit the .lst files and print it out in a simple text format. I'm
      > not into that WotC generator... it wastes all my ink and its not very
      > powerful at all. I'm sure all of my questions are my own ignorance
      > of how the program is SUPPOSED to work. I just want a simple program
      > that will format it well and print it out as a text file(but it
      > figures out all the mods, does some random generating, and lets me
      > advance my character and equip magic items).

      The WotC Character Generator is only a demo. Master Tools will be much
      better and more powerful. But the best thing I can say about it at the
      moment is that the MT email list pointed me to PCGen.

      --
      Michael Sears armitage@...
      "No turning back where the end is in sight.