Re: Gold total

  • aspxpert
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 1:34 PM
      Hmm. I used to go through the equipment menu and buy coins for my
      players. That gets tedious though, especially when you have to re-
      sell those very same coins so they can equip for the next adventure.

      Instead, I now keep their money "loose" in pcgen - that is, I leave
      it alone. I don't buy coin for them.

      pcgen can display this "left-over" gold on a printout using the
      |GOLD| moniker. I simply added a row for that moniker to my output
      template.

      One downside to this is that it doesn't have weight. If you want
      your characters who are exceedlingly wealthy of coin to be burdened
      by that wealth, this won't help.

      It also tracks it as a float: 100.50 GP.

      *shrug* but it works for me. I'd rather focus on the adventure than
      the tedium of tracking every last nuance of a character. It's why I
      use pcgen in the first place!

      =)

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul Grosse" <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
      > I think somebody else brought this up earlier also. It would be
      nice if
      > there was a spot on the ROG_Combined, which is the only one I use.
      That