Re: [pcgen] Re: Gold

  • Rob Bowell
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2002
      On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, dfjdejulio wrote:

      > You're making the invalid assumption that my DM has a copy of my current
      > PCGen character file.

      No, I guess I'm just not making myself clear, because my idea has nothing
      to do really with who's updating it.

      > At the table, we use pencils and paper. Between sessions, I update my
      > own file. So, I only *ever* spend coins between sessions from PCGen's
      > point of view, actually. And during play, the only interaction anyone
      > ever has with PCGen is via the medium of actual physical paper.

      If you're at a general store in-game and you're purchasing a new sword, I
      assume your DM looks up the price in the book, you look at your coins, and
      then-and-there, you scratch off the number of coins you have and write in
      the new number.

      Then you go back home and just alter the number of coin items you have,
      then buy (with "ignore cost" checked) the sword.

      I'm not trying to suggest this is a satisfactory way to do things, just
      suggesting it's a fairly hassle-free stopgap measure until PC Gen does
      money better.

      -- Rob Bowell