Re: help with pdf

  • backlash_de
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
      > i'm obviously doing something wrong! I downloaded the pdf library
      > and unzipped it per the instructions into the lib sub-directory,
      > but pcgen insists the files don't exist. is there somewhere i need
      > ot tweak my options?
      >
      > maxi

      hmmm, strange.
      Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
      You did restart PCGen, right?
      Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
      a problem ...

      Kinson
    • mark_hulsman
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
        > i'm obviously doing something wrong! I downloaded the pdf library
        and
        > unzipped it per the instructions into the lib sub-directory, but
        pcgen
        > insists the files don't exist. is there somewhere i need ot tweak
        my
        > options?

        I believe that the zip already includes a lib directory in it, so
        mnost likely the files are now in lib/lib on your computer. check
        and see if thats the case and jsut move them into the first lib
        directory.
      • maxikyd
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
          Nope. They were already in the lib directory (and a second set in
          lib/lib directory) but it didn't work either way. any other suggestions?

          > I believe that the zip already includes a lib directory in it, so
          > mnost likely the files are now in lib/lib on your computer. check
          > and see if thats the case and jsut move them into the first lib
          > directory.
        • maxikyd
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
            The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
            fop.jar
            jformatter.jar
            junit.jar
            readme.txt
            xalan.jar
            xerces.jar

            I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
            cold boot.

            maxi

            > hmmm, strange.
            > Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
            > You did restart PCGen, right?
            > Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
            > a problem ...
            >
            > Kinson
          • maxikyd
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
              tried deleting the options.ini, but it made no difference.
              maxi

              -- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
              > The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
              > fop.jar
              > jformatter.jar
              > junit.jar
              > readme.txt
              > xalan.jar
              > xerces.jar
              >
              > I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
              > cold boot.
              >
              > maxi
              >
              > > hmmm, strange.
              > > Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
              > > You did restart PCGen, right?
              > > Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
              > > a problem ...
              > >
              > > Kinson
            • backlash_de
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
                > tried deleting the options.ini, but it made no difference.
                > maxi
                >

                > -- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
                > > The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
                > > fop.jar
                > > jformatter.jar
                > > junit.jar
                > > readme.txt
                > > xalan.jar
                > > xerces.jar
                > >
                > > I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
                > > cold boot.
                > >
                > > maxi

                Oh.
                Well, batik, fop, xalan, xerces is definitely what you need to use PDF
                Would you mind posting the error message and what is displayed in
                your console?

                Kinson
              • maxikyd
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
                  the error message simply displayed that the below names .jar files
                  were missing. i suspect it might be a problem with the minneapolis
                  mirror, and will re-download from there to confirm the difference is
                  file size and get back to you.

                  it didn't display anything in the console, that was one of the first
                  things i checked.

                  I just re-downloaded the files a third time, and they now seem to be
                  working... the first two downloads were from the minneapolis mirror
                  site, this time i used the sourceforge site to download and they seem
                  to be working. i did note that the sourceforge files were
                  significanly smaller in size, yet the date/time stamp on them was the
                  same as the minneapolis download.

                  maxi