help with pdf

  • maxikyd
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1 11:47 AM
      i'm obviously doing something wrong! I downloaded the pdf library and
      unzipped it per the instructions into the lib sub-directory, but pcgen
      insists the files don't exist. is there somewhere i need ot tweak my
      options?

      maxi
    • backlash_de
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1 11:51 AM
        --- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
        > i'm obviously doing something wrong! I downloaded the pdf library
        > and unzipped it per the instructions into the lib sub-directory,
        > but pcgen insists the files don't exist. is there somewhere i need
        > ot tweak my options?
        >
        > maxi

        hmmm, strange.
        Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
        You did restart PCGen, right?
        Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
        a problem ...

        Kinson
      • mark_hulsman
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1 11:53 AM
          > i'm obviously doing something wrong! I downloaded the pdf library
          and
          > unzipped it per the instructions into the lib sub-directory, but
          pcgen
          > insists the files don't exist. is there somewhere i need ot tweak
          my
          > options?

          I believe that the zip already includes a lib directory in it, so
          mnost likely the files are now in lib/lib on your computer. check
          and see if thats the case and jsut move them into the first lib
          directory.
        • maxikyd
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1 12:10 PM
            Nope. They were already in the lib directory (and a second set in
            lib/lib directory) but it didn't work either way. any other suggestions?

            > I believe that the zip already includes a lib directory in it, so
            > mnost likely the files are now in lib/lib on your computer. check
            > and see if thats the case and jsut move them into the first lib
            > directory.
          • maxikyd
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1 12:15 PM
              The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
              fop.jar
              jformatter.jar
              junit.jar
              readme.txt
              xalan.jar
              xerces.jar

              I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
              cold boot.

              maxi

              > hmmm, strange.
              > Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
              > You did restart PCGen, right?
              > Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
              > a problem ...
              >
              > Kinson
            • maxikyd
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1 12:18 PM
                tried deleting the options.ini, but it made no difference.
                maxi

                -- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
                > The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
                > fop.jar
                > jformatter.jar
                > junit.jar
                > readme.txt
                > xalan.jar
                > xerces.jar
                >
                > I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
                > cold boot.
                >
                > maxi
                >
                > > hmmm, strange.
                > > Which files are now located in your lib dirctory?
                > > You did restart PCGen, right?
                > > Maybe try deleting the options.ini file, but that really shouldn't be
                > > a problem ...
                > >
                > > Kinson
              • backlash_de
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1 12:36 PM
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
                  > tried deleting the options.ini, but it made no difference.
                  > maxi
                  >

                  > -- In pcgen@y..., "maxikyd" <maxikyd@y...> wrote:
                  > > The files in the lib directory are batik.jar
                  > > fop.jar
                  > > jformatter.jar
                  > > junit.jar
                  > > readme.txt
                  > > xalan.jar
                  > > xerces.jar
                  > >
                  > > I did restart PCGen, in fact i restarted the whole computer from a
                  > > cold boot.
                  > >
                  > > maxi

                  Oh.
                  Well, batik, fop, xalan, xerces is definitely what you need to use PDF
                  Would you mind posting the error message and what is displayed in
                  your console?

                  Kinson
                • maxikyd
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1 12:44 PM
                    the error message simply displayed that the below names .jar files
                    were missing. i suspect it might be a problem with the minneapolis
                    mirror, and will re-download from there to confirm the difference is
                    file size and get back to you.

                    it didn't display anything in the console, that was one of the first
                    things i checked.

                    I just re-downloaded the files a third time, and they now seem to be
                    working... the first two downloads were from the minneapolis mirror
                    site, this time i used the sourceforge site to download and they seem
                    to be working. i did note that the sourceforge files were
                    significanly smaller in size, yet the date/time stamp on them was the
                    same as the minneapolis download.

                    maxi