Weapon Specialization overhaul? (was Re: [STABLE] Psychic Warrior Weapon Specialization Broken)

  • thornbep
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      Sorry if this is non-sequitur but, I started using (a long time ago)
      PRESA:1,Weapon Specialization in the Weapon Specialization feat, and
      added SA:Weapon Specialization to the level line of any class I
      wanted to be able to specialize at some point in their career.

      Am I high? This SEEMS easy.

      Phil
      --- In pcgen@y..., "arknathd" <gemguard@h...> wrote:
      > Not a bad idea at all!
      >
      > I like...it would make it much easier to create a class that can
      take
      > weapon specialization at a later date. We also might want to do
      this
      > for other special feats (like Spell Mastery) so that other classes
      > can just give the ability to their members.
      >
      > Ark
      > Feat Gibbon
      > LST Chimp
      > Baby Soul Reaper Monkey
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., Thomas Clegg <arknight@s...> wrote:
      > > Yep, that was the problem I had with the Feat stuff, in that
      > FEATAUTO
      > > doesn't allow any choices, just meant for adding a feat without
      > choices
      > > apparently.
      > >
      > > In the Class.lst, you probably need ADD:FEAT(Weapon
      Specialization)1
      > > instead.
      > >
      > > IMHO, we need to redo the Weapon Specialization feat.
      > >
      > > I'd suggest:
      > > Weapon Specialization
      > > TYPE:Fighter.Special
      > > PREVAR:WpnSpecialize=1
      > > <current other stuff>
      > >
      > > and on a class that can specialize:
      > > DEFINE:WpnSpecialize|0
      > > BONUS:VAR|WpnSpecialize|1 at the appropriate level allowed.
      > >
      > > This would get rid of all the <Class> Specialization feats.
      > >
      > > What think?
      > > Tom

      I am
      > > > testing all the classes in the PsiHB. I believe that there is
      > > > problem with the way that the Weapon Specialization feat acts
      > when a
      > > > CHOOSEr is supposed to come up.
      > > >
      > > > When creating a 6th level psychic warrior with weapon focus
      > (club), I
      > > > don't get a box allowing me to choose my specialized weapon.
      > > >
      > > > I thought about FEATAUTO (because PsyWarriors can only take
      the
      > feat
      > > > at 6th level) but the choose (or lack thereof) box never
      appears.

      > > > Ark
      > > > Feat Gibbon
      > > > LST Chimp
      > > > Baby Soul Reaper Monkey

      > > > PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen
      > > > PCGen's alpha build: http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Thomas Clegg
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        hmmmm.....

        nope, don't like it.... too easy.... makes sense... nope, not here... that
        dog don't hunt mister... :-) :-)

        Not bad really. :-)

        I think the problem is that any class that gets it at the moment, other than
        a fighter naturally, can only choose it at one particular time and no other.
        Doesn't make sense for me, but that's the way it's stated.. :-/

        (Personally, I think any class that can specialize should be able to pick it
        up at any level after they gain the ability)

        Tom