Re: Jamis Buck to Support Epic Levels

  • bd_92
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "the_stepson_nikodemos" <chris.weir@l...> wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
      > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
      > his
      > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
      > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
      > book
      > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
      >
      > Hi Mark
      >
      > Well I wish whoever gets that job the best of luck, because
      according
      > to the D&D NG posts I have seen, ELH, is full of errata.
      >
      > Yours Nikodemos

      It's more like riddled. So far there is about 3 full text pages of
      material that is 'broken' and needs to be errated. I would wait till
      the second printing of this book for those who haven't bought it. I
      only bought it cause buy.com had it for $14 and i couldn't pass it up.

      I expect the errata to take about a month to compile and ship out. I
      knwo they lady in charge of it is getting bombarded.
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul Grosse" <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
        > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
        > his
        > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
        > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
        > book
        > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
        >
        > Speaking oh which, was his code any use trying to incorporate a
        random
        > generator into pcgen?

        I know recently we've all been extremely busy focused on items for
        the production release. After GenCon we'll have time to look at
        items like this that didn't make the short list. Random generation
        is definitely something I'd like us to do. :)

        -Bryan