How I can help PCGen and fix some things?

  • "José de Paula E. Júnior"
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hello!

      I 'm a really entusiast that uses PCGen for some time, but today I get to
      my feet and decided to help.

      Principally because I'm DMing a Oriental Adventures campaign and the PCGen
      support for OA isn't good (or then I'm doing something wrong).

      I Load Players Handbook and Oriental Adventures as sources, and try to
      transcribe a player sheet to the program.

      He's a Dragon Clan Samurai, then I pick the race "Human (OA)", and the
      sub-race "Dragon Clan".

      He's already at 2nd level, but I discover that if I add 2 levels of the
      class samurai, I can't choose ancestor feats (they have to be chosen on
      level 1). So I start it again, and in the 1st level I choose an Ancestor
      Feat (Born Duelist).
      I noted too that pcgen sometimes doesn't gives me the 2nd level Samurai
      Bonus Feat in the "Feats remaining" box.

      Creating a Rogue or Fighter is a problem too because the two classes have
      extra feats or proficiences with weapons...

      Then, If somebody can give me some help on editing that .lst files I can
      try to fix some of these discrepancies...

      thanks
      []s
      coredump
    • karianna03
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
        Sorry that no-one has gotten back to you yet, we're all frantically
        trying to get the 1st production release out the door. Basically yes
        we'd love you to help. I'll flag you to a chap called Tir who looks
        after the LST Monkeys, he can get you started there!

        Yes there are several small bugs in OA, unfortunately it has not been
        the priority in the last few weeks, hopefully you'll help us change
        that!

        Karianna
        Tracker Monkey
        Acolyte Soul Reaper (12 souls)

        --- In pcgen@y..., "José de Paula E. Júnior" <jpej@t...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        >
        > I 'm a really entusiast that uses PCGen for some time, but today I
        get to
        > my feet and decided to help.
        >
        > Principally because I'm DMing a Oriental Adventures campaign and
        the PCGen
        > support for OA isn't good (or then I'm doing something wrong).
        >
        > I Load Players Handbook and Oriental Adventures as sources, and try
        > transcribe a player sheet to the program.
        >
        > He's a Dragon Clan Samurai, then I pick the race "Human (OA)", and
        the
        > sub-race "Dragon Clan".
        >
        > He's already at 2nd level, but I discover that if I add 2 levels of
        the
        > class samurai, I can't choose ancestor feats (they have to be
        chosen on
        > level 1). So I start it again, and in the 1st level I choose an
        Ancestor
        > Feat (Born Duelist).
        > I noted too that pcgen sometimes doesn't gives me the 2nd level
        Samurai
        > Bonus Feat in the "Feats remaining" box.
        >
        > Creating a Rogue or Fighter is a problem too because the two
        classes have
        > extra feats or proficiences with weapons...
        >
        > Then, If somebody can give me some help on editing that .lst files
        I can
        > try to fix some of these discrepancies...
        >
        > thanks
        > []s
        > coredump
      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
          See? Aren't I good little monkey? do I get a free banana yet ;p

          Karianna
          TM

        • dinthron
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
            Is that something you REALLY want to ask with this crowd?

            --- In pcgen@y..., "karianna03" <martijnv@d...> wrote:
            > See? Aren't I good little monkey? do I get a free banana yet ;p
            >
            > Karianna
            > TM

          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
              Yes, I've been monkeying away ofr 6 monthes now and _still_ no
              banana, I mean I _know_ that Mynex owns my soul, but you'd think he'd
              have the heart to give some of his whelps a banana or 2 ;p

              Karianna
              TM

              Actually, what am I saying, heart? Mynex doesn't have one of those.

              -- In pcgen@y..., "dinthron" <dinthron@y...> wrote:
              > Is that something you REALLY want to ask with this crowd?
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "karianna03" <martijnv@d...> wrote:
              > > See? Aren't I good little monkey? do I get a free banana yet ;p
              > >
              > > Karianna
              > > TM

            • mark_hulsman
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
                > Yes, I've been monkeying away ofr 6 monthes now and _still_ no
                > banana, I mean I _know_ that Mynex owns my soul, but you'd think
                he'd
                > have the heart to give some of his whelps a banana or 2 ;p
                >
                > Karianna
                > TM
                >
                > Actually, what am I saying, heart? Mynex doesn't have one of those.

                Sure he does, its about 1/8 of an inch wide and about twice as hard
                as a diamond, but its there.