EQMARMOR tag and a question about templates (Was: Another newbie question)

  • Gilberto Leon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      It's been some days since I posted my question about armor check penalties,
      and about a feat to reduce said number. Ark was kind enough to tell me how
      to do it... but... it doesn't work.

      > In TQFighter there is a feat called Improved Armour (damned brits)
      > Use and the ACCHECK tag works there. As far as the other two (MAXDEX
      > and SPELLFAILURE) I would only assume that it works the same..

      After my failed atempt to code it, I decided to check the Improved armour
      use feat, and it doesn't work either. Actually, when I click to select it,
      it just won't let me select it. The feat does not appear where it should and
      the bonus it gives doesn't works. So, I guess in the end, the EQMARMOR tag
      doesn't work in every file as Byngl said.

      FYI, I was working on the Nightsong Enforcer class from Dragon Magazine a
      few issues ago.

      And now, about templates. I just grabbed the latest build from plambert.net
      and began fiddling around with templates and races, and noticed something.
      When I choose a template, all of the SA's that the template gives to the
      base creature appear listed in the abilities tab of the character with a
      "(2)", as if the character had gained the same SA in 2 different ways. Not
      that it matters much ruleswise, but I'm wondering if it's supposed to be
      that way or not.

      Gilberto Leon

      PS.- And once again, congrats on a great tool for players and DMs alike.
      PSS.- Is there some way I (or anyone else) can help in the lst files? (Given
      that I am already working on some dragon numbers for my personal campaign,
      and it wouldn't be too much work uploading the files or something)