Re: [pcgen] Re: Jamis Buck to Support Epic Levels

  • James Wright
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31 4:03 PM
      I looked at the book, and you are not kidding
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31 6:18 PM
        I Like the ELH, the errata i can't wait to read, but overall i was
        highly impressed
        ~D~
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
          > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
          his
          > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
          > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
          book
          > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)

          Speaking oh which, was his code any use trying to incorporate a random
          generator into pcgen?

          Paul Grosse
          Head Draftsman
          Royale Coach
          1330 Wade Dr.
          Elkhart, IN 46514
          PH: (574) 262-9278
          Fax: (574) 266-3658

          "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep
          all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein
        • bd_92
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "the_stepson_nikodemos" <chris.weir@l...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
            > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
            > his
            > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
            > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
            > book
            > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
            >
            > Hi Mark
            >
            > Well I wish whoever gets that job the best of luck, because
            according
            > to the D&D NG posts I have seen, ELH, is full of errata.
            >
            > Yours Nikodemos

            It's more like riddled. So far there is about 3 full text pages of
            material that is 'broken' and needs to be errated. I would wait till
            the second printing of this book for those who haven't bought it. I
            only bought it cause buy.com had it for $14 and i couldn't pass it up.

            I expect the errata to take about a month to compile and ship out. I
            knwo they lady in charge of it is getting bombarded.
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul Grosse" <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
              > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
              > his
              > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
              > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
              > book
              > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
              >
              > Speaking oh which, was his code any use trying to incorporate a
              random
              > generator into pcgen?

              I know recently we've all been extremely busy focused on items for
              the production release. After GenCon we'll have time to look at
              items like this that didn't make the short list. Random generation
              is definitely something I'd like us to do. :)

              -Bryan