Re: Jamis Buck to Support Epic Levels

  • the_stepson_nikodemos
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
      > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
      his
      > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
      > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
      book
      > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)

      Hi Mark

      Well I wish whoever gets that job the best of luck, because according
      to the D&D NG posts I have seen, ELH, is full of errata.

      Yours Nikodemos
    • James Wright
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
        I looked at the book, and you are not kidding
        > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
        his
        > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
        > levels.  After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
        book
        > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)

        Hi Mark

        Well I wish whoever gets that job the best of luck, because according
        to the D&D NG posts I have seen, ELH, is full of errata.

        Yours Nikodemos

      • Prince_Nanaki
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
          I Like the ELH, the errata i can't wait to read, but overall i was
          highly impressed
          ~D~
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
            > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
            his
            > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
            > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
            book
            > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)

            Speaking oh which, was his code any use trying to incorporate a random
            generator into pcgen?

            Paul Grosse
            Head Draftsman
            Royale Coach
            1330 Wade Dr.
            Elkhart, IN 46514
            PH: (574) 262-9278
            Fax: (574) 266-3658

            "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep
            all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein
          • bd_92
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "the_stepson_nikodemos" <chris.weir@l...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
              > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
              > his
              > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
              > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
              > book
              > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
              >
              > Hi Mark
              >
              > Well I wish whoever gets that job the best of luck, because
              according
              > to the D&D NG posts I have seen, ELH, is full of errata.
              >
              > Yours Nikodemos

              It's more like riddled. So far there is about 3 full text pages of
              material that is 'broken' and needs to be errated. I would wait till
              the second printing of this book for those who haven't bought it. I
              only bought it cause buy.com had it for $14 and i couldn't pass it up.

              I expect the errata to take about a month to compile and ship out. I
              knwo they lady in charge of it is getting bombarded.
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "Paul Grosse" <pgrosse@m...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                > > I jsut saw on EN World that Jamis Buck plans on getting back into
                > his
                > > code to make a new version of his NPC generator to support Epic
                > > levels. After Gen Con we need to get working on that Epic level
                > book
                > > and get it done before ant one else out there! :)
                >
                > Speaking oh which, was his code any use trying to incorporate a
                random
                > generator into pcgen?

                I know recently we've all been extremely busy focused on items for
                the production release. After GenCon we'll have time to look at
                items like this that didn't make the short list. Random generation
                is definitely something I'd like us to do. :)

                -Bryan