Re: I'm new and computer illiterate.

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 2:51 PM
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Jimmbish" <jimmbish@y...> wrote:
      > What happens if u put everything into ur pcc???

      You need to have certain lines in your pcc file in addition to having
      it in a subdirectory of data. e.g.
      GAME:DnD
      this means that your source will show up in the list of sources if
      you're in DnD Mode (which you probably are as everyone defaults to
      that mode)
      CAMPAIGN:some text
      This "some text" is description of the campaign that will show up in
      the source tab.
      TYPE:something.else
      This defines what categories your source will show up in.
      RANK:10
      The rank determines the order (1 goes first, 2 goes second, etc.)

      Then you'll have tags like
      CLASS:myclass.lst
      where myclass.lst is a file containing info on all the classes and is
      in the same directory as your pcc file. CLASS: tells PCGen to load
      that file and use the class parser. Same for the other tags like
      FEAT: SPELL: SKILL: etc.

      -Bryan