Re: I'm new and computer illiterate.

  • aspxpert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
      well, in the spirit of providing helpful help... ;-)

      your PCC file goes anywhere under the data directory that is under
      the directory you installed pcgen into. i chose to make a unique
      folder for my campaign files.

      you can read about the layout for PCC (and the different types of
      LST) files in the online help. and, of course, there are a bevy of
      sample (well, actual) PCC and LST files from which to choose.

      anyhow, once you drop the PCC file into the directory, you'll
      probably need to exit and restart PCGEN to get it noticed. then
      you'll have to dig down through the tree-view of source files to
      select and load it. its location in the tree is completely dependent
      on what you put into the PCC file in the first place.

      hope that helps...

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Jimmbish" <jimmbish@y...> wrote:
      > I'm new to the pcgen and I am computer illiterate. I need to know
      how
      > to load the pcc file that i made. And i made need halp beyond that
      > too. So any help from anyone would be very helpful.
    • Jimmbish
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
        What happens if u put everything into ur pcc???

        --- In pcgen@y..., "aspxpert" <aspxpert@y...> wrote:
        > well, in the spirit of providing helpful help... ;-)
        >
        > your PCC file goes anywhere under the data directory that is under
        > the directory you installed pcgen into. i chose to make a unique
        > folder for my campaign files.
        >
        > you can read about the layout for PCC (and the different types of
        > LST) files in the online help. and, of course, there are a bevy of
        > sample (well, actual) PCC and LST files from which to choose.
        >
        > anyhow, once you drop the PCC file into the directory, you'll
        > probably need to exit and restart PCGEN to get it noticed. then
        > you'll have to dig down through the tree-view of source files to
        > select and load it. its location in the tree is completely
        dependent
        > on what you put into the PCC file in the first place.
        >
        > hope that helps...
        >

        > --- In pcgen@y..., "Jimmbish" <jimmbish@y...> wrote:
        > > I'm new to the pcgen and I am computer illiterate. I need to know
        > how
        > > to load the pcc file that i made. And i made need halp beyond
        that
        > > too. So any help from anyone would be very helpful.
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "Jimmbish" <jimmbish@y...> wrote:
          > What happens if u put everything into ur pcc???

          You need to have certain lines in your pcc file in addition to having
          it in a subdirectory of data. e.g.
          GAME:DnD
          this means that your source will show up in the list of sources if
          you're in DnD Mode (which you probably are as everyone defaults to
          that mode)
          CAMPAIGN:some text
          This "some text" is description of the campaign that will show up in
          the source tab.
          TYPE:something.else
          This defines what categories your source will show up in.
          RANK:10
          The rank determines the order (1 goes first, 2 goes second, etc.)

          Then you'll have tags like
          CLASS:myclass.lst
          where myclass.lst is a file containing info on all the classes and is
          in the same directory as your pcc file. CLASS: tells PCGen to load
          that file and use the class parser. Same for the other tags like
          FEAT: SPELL: SKILL: etc.

          -Bryan