Printing options.

  • rachaelstrange
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
      I am new to this program. I have look at it a lot. I can not seem to
      find any method of printing out these characters for use at the
      tabletop. there is no save as htm or doc or txt options.. nothing
      that I can see. Am I missing something here? Is there any plan to
      make this a printable option? thank you for your help in this blonde
      issue I am having.. :)
    • m00man
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
        The usual method is to set up "preview in browser", which will render
        your character as a webpage in your browser. From there you can print
        it out or copy if over to a web server...

        You can also export it (again, from the preview page) as a pdf file,
        which again will let you print it out.

        You didn't mention what game you play, but if it's DnD, I recommend
        trying out the ROG csheets.

        PCGen does not otherwise product any output.. it uses these "helper
        apps" to make pretty character sheets...

        mooman

        --- In pcgen@y..., "rachaelstrange" <succubus9@j...> wrote:
        > I am new to this program. I have look at it a lot. I can not seem to
        > find any method of printing out these characters for use at the
        > tabletop. there is no save as htm or doc or txt options.. nothing
        > that I can see. Am I missing something here? Is there any plan to
        > make this a printable option? thank you for your help in this blonde
        > issue I am having.. :)
      • tristan_kalaman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
          You can also do File, Export, Standard... and pick from the list of
          available csheets to save the character.

          Unlike the preview window exporting allows you to give it a file name.

          Hope this helps,
          Tristan.
        • Jimmbish
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
            What is ROG csheets and where do I get it?? Cause i'm haveing almost
            the same problem but it's not letting me preview it anywhere.

            James the clueless
            --- In pcgen@y..., "m00man" <brian_bloom@y...> wrote:
            > The usual method is to set up "preview in browser", which will
            render
            > your character as a webpage in your browser. From there you can
            print
            > it out or copy if over to a web server...
            >
            > You can also export it (again, from the preview page) as a pdf file,
            > which again will let you print it out.
            >
            > You didn't mention what game you play, but if it's DnD, I recommend
            > trying out the ROG csheets.
            >
            > PCGen does not otherwise product any output.. it uses these "helper
            > apps" to make pretty character sheets...
            >
            > mooman
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "rachaelstrange" <succubus9@j...> wrote:
            > > I am new to this program. I have look at it a lot. I can not seem
            > > find any method of printing out these characters for use at the
            > > tabletop. there is no save as htm or doc or txt options.. nothing
            > > that I can see. Am I missing something here? Is there any plan to
            > > make this a printable option? thank you for your help in this
            blonde
            > > issue I am having.. :)
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002
              If you click on "Print Preview" a window show pop-up asking you to
              select your browser. It's most like C:\Program
              Files\InternetExplorer\IEXPLORER.EXE
              if you use IE. You only have to select that once, PCGen will record
              it's location in the options.ini file.

              If you go to the File->Export menu, you'll see two choices... PDF
              (for the Adobe Acrobat type files) and standard (which is everything
              else, like htm, mht and rtf). You default to using csheet.htm, but
              you can select any sheet you want (csheetROG is very popular). You
              can also export your whole party at once - which is what I use as a
              DM to help run combats smoothly. :)

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Jimmbish" <jimmbish@y...> wrote:
              > What is ROG csheets and where do I get it?? Cause i'm haveing
              almost
              > the same problem but it's not letting me preview it anywhere.
              >
              > James the clueless
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "m00man" <brian_bloom@y...> wrote:
              > > The usual method is to set up "preview in browser", which will
              > render
              > > your character as a webpage in your browser. From there you can
              > print
              > > it out or copy if over to a web server...
              > >
              > > You can also export it (again, from the preview page) as a pdf
              file,
              > > which again will let you print it out.
              > >
              > > You didn't mention what game you play, but if it's DnD, I
              recommend
              > > trying out the ROG csheets.
              > >
              > > PCGen does not otherwise product any output.. it uses
              these "helper
              > > apps" to make pretty character sheets...
              > >
              > > mooman
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@y..., "rachaelstrange" <succubus9@j...> wrote:
              > > > I am new to this program. I have look at it a lot. I can not
              seem
              > > > find any method of printing out these characters for use at the
              > > > tabletop. there is no save as htm or doc or txt options..
              nothing
              > > > that I can see. Am I missing something here? Is there any plan
              > > > make this a printable option? thank you for your help in this
              > blonde
              > > > issue I am having.. :)
            • Jimmbish
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2002