Help with For Loops

  • tristan_kalaman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hi all,

      Relative new user here and I've been trying to get the |FOR,%var,...
      to work to no avail. So, I am turning here for help.

      I am trying to export the data to a .rtf file for copying into an
      Excel spreadsheet. I'm trying to use a FOR loop to list known spells
      in a tab spaced layout of...

      Spell name, spell discription, duration, etc.

      ...using the |SPELLMEM... command.

      The problem I'm having is I can't even get simple loops to work like
      this...

      |FOR,%stat,0,5,1,1|
      |STAT%stat|
      |ENDFOR|

      Now from the documentation I understand that this should start the
      count at 0 and end at 5 and hopefully print out the |STAT#| stored
      from 0 to 5 in six rows, one stat on each row, but it doesn't, all it
      outputs is "--". What am I doing wrong?

      Thanks very much in advance,
      Tristan.