Equipment / Skills sorting ...

  • biglolowski
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hello,

      After a long time not using this utility, I have to create a new
      character and thought it was a good occasion to test the new version
      and see what had changed.
      First, a big BRAVO to the people contributing to this program... it
      really rocks !!!
      Now, on for the question :
      Why is it that my equipment / skills are not alphabetically sorted ?
      - Equipment has the new item put at the end.
      - Skills has the untrained first, then the others.

      Is there a way to bypass this ?

      And, sorry if this has already been adressed but I couldn't find it
      making a search ; and this forum is the victim of its success (too
      many posts a day... ;)

      Betacam
    • bd_92
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > After a long time not using this utility, I have to create a new
        > character and thought it was a good occasion to test the new
        version
        > and see what had changed.
        > First, a big BRAVO to the people contributing to this program...
        it
        > really rocks !!!
        > Now, on for the question :
        > Why is it that my equipment / skills are not alphabetically
        sorted ?
        > - Equipment has the new item put at the end.
        > - Skills has the untrained first, then the others.
        >
        > Is there a way to bypass this ?

        Are you sorting by Name or Type? You can use the drop down menu at
        the top to change between sorting types. I think this is what your
        asking for no?
      • dinthron
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
          You can also specify your own sort sequence for items now.

          --- In pcgen@y..., "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > After a long time not using this utility, I have to create a new
          > > character and thought it was a good occasion to test the new
          > version
          > > and see what had changed.
          > > First, a big BRAVO to the people contributing to this program...
          > it
          > > really rocks !!!
          > > Now, on for the question :
          > > Why is it that my equipment / skills are not alphabetically
          > sorted ?
          > > - Equipment has the new item put at the end.
          > > - Skills has the untrained first, then the others.
          > >
          > > Is there a way to bypass this ?
          > >

          > Are you sorting by Name or Type? You can use the drop down menu at
          > the top to change between sorting types. I think this is what your
          > asking for no?
        • Milan K. Alnas
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
            I think he means on the stuff you have purchased in your inventory

            > After a long time not using this utility, I have to create a new
            > character and thought it was a good occasion to test the new
            version
            > and see what had changed.
            > First, a big BRAVO to the people contributing to this program...
            it
            > really rocks !!!
            > Now, on for the question :
            > Why is it that my equipment / skills are not alphabetically
            sorted ?
            > - Equipment has the new item put at the end.
            > - Skills has the untrained first, then the others.
            >
            > Is there a way to bypass this ?

            Are you sorting by Name or Type? You can use the drop down menu at
            the top to change between sorting types. I think this is what your
            asking for no?

            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

            ---
          • biglolowski
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
              Hello,

              I know I have not been precise enough...
              I was speaking of the output on the different character sheets I've
              tried.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > ---
              >
              > ---
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

                Try selecting an item of equipment in your Selected list (on the right),
                then right clicking, and then selecting "Re-sort output by name". That
                should get your order column sorted, and when you print, it will come out in
                that order. You can then fiddle with the order to get things listed the way
                you prefer them, and even hide things if you wish.

                James Dempsey
                JDempsey@...

                > I know I have not been precise enough...
                > I was speaking of the output on the different character sheets I've
                > tried.

              • biglolowski
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

                  Thank you very much...

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "James Dempsey" <jamesd@w...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Try selecting an item of equipment in your Selected list (on the
                  right),
                  > then right clicking, and then selecting "Re-sort output by name".
                  That
                  > should get your order column sorted, and when you print, it will
                  come out in
                  > that order. You can then fiddle with the order to get things listed
                  the way
                  > you prefer them, and even hide things if you wish.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > James Dempsey
                  > JDempsey@a...

                • James Hood
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

                    i converted a character from a 2nd ed AD&D game, into 3rd ed a few months back, i went back in today to update the sheet....and now for some reason the 3rd level human ranger i made, is getting like 7 total feats....not counting the auto feats, or his class virtual feats

                    this may be just a corrupted file on my account.....but i dont know..
                  • James Hood
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                      nevermind, somehow the file did get messed up, im recreated it now, so its cool