Help! Can't print character out with Revised SW character sheet.

  • afrankland
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2002
      I have Verson 2.70. This is what I did:

      1. Selected Star Wars game mode
      2. Loaded Star Wars sources (RCR, Star Wars Gamers, etc.)
      3. Created my character ... (NOTE - no utility belt or jedi armor
      available in equipment list.)
      4. Upon completion, saved and went to Preview
      5. Hit "Select Template" button and chose csheetRevSWTC.htm
      6. Hit "Preview" and saw character in proper template format
      7. Went to print and had csheet.rog, csheet_with desriptions,
      csheet_with portraits, etc. I.e., all DnD Templates.
      8. Tried to add csheetRevSWTC.htm template to print list (in #7) but
      couldn't find a way.

      Help?
    • backlash_de
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "afrankland" <afrankland@y...> wrote:
        > I have Verson 2.70. This is what I did:
        >
        > 1. Selected Star Wars game mode
        > 2. Loaded Star Wars sources (RCR, Star Wars Gamers, etc.)
        > 3. Created my character ... (NOTE - no utility belt or jedi armor
        > available in equipment list.)
        > 4. Upon completion, saved and went to Preview
        > 5. Hit "Select Template" button and chose csheetRevSWTC.htm
        > 6. Hit "Preview" and saw character in proper template format
        > 7. Went to print and had csheet.rog, csheet_with desriptions,
        > csheet_with portraits, etc. I.e., all DnD Templates.
        > 8. Tried to add csheetRevSWTC.htm template to print list (in #7)
        but
        > couldn't find a way.
        >
        > Help?

        PCGen does not support printing of HTML character sheets.
        If you want to print a HTML sheet, export it then open it in your
        browser and use the browser's printing capabilites.

        PCGen's print capabilites use a java library called FOP, which is xml
        driven. Basically that means, that you can only print templates
        specifically designed for printing and PDF export (namely xsl-fo
        temlates).

        So, the current solution to your problem would be:
        Create a xsl-fo template which resembles your favorite SW template or
        get someone to do that for you. The file extension for that template
        needs to be ".fo". Then put that template into the templates
        directory.

        Kinson
      • Thomas Clegg
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
          No problem! :-)

          the Print function pulls up the export to PDF automatically. What you want
          to do is go to File->export->Standard and the csheetRevSWTC.htm should show
          there. It'll export it to a .htm file, and you can print it from your
          browser.

          I am no good at all with the .fo files and haven't had enough time lately to
          work out an .fo version yet.

          Tom

          > 7. Went to print and had csheet.rog, csheet_with desriptions,
          > csheet_with portraits, etc. I.e., all DnD Templates.
          > 8. Tried to add csheetRevSWTC.htm template to print list (in #7) but
          > couldn't find a way.
          >
          > Help?
        • emperorfranz
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "backlash_de" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "afrankland" <afrankland@y...> wrote:
            > > I have Verson 2.70. This is what I did:
            > >
            > > 1. Selected Star Wars game mode
            > > 2. Loaded Star Wars sources (RCR, Star Wars Gamers, etc.)
            > > 3. Created my character ... (NOTE - no utility belt or jedi
            armor
            > > available in equipment list.)
            > > 4. Upon completion, saved and went to Preview
            > > 5. Hit "Select Template" button and chose csheetRevSWTC.htm
            > > 6. Hit "Preview" and saw character in proper template format
            > > 7. Went to print and had csheet.rog, csheet_with desriptions,
            > > csheet_with portraits, etc. I.e., all DnD Templates.
            > > 8. Tried to add csheetRevSWTC.htm template to print list (in #7)
            > but
            > > couldn't find a way.
            > >
            > > Help?
            >
            > PCGen does not support printing of HTML character sheets.
            > If you want to print a HTML sheet, export it then open it in your
            > browser and use the browser's printing capabilites.
            >
            > PCGen's print capabilites use a java library called FOP, which is
            xml
            > driven. Basically that means, that you can only print templates
            > specifically designed for printing and PDF export (namely xsl-fo
            > temlates).
            >
            > So, the current solution to your problem would be:
            > Create a xsl-fo template which resembles your favorite SW template
            or
            > get someone to do that for you. The file extension for that
            template
            > needs to be ".fo". Then put that template into the templates
            > directory.
            >

            > Kinson

            I have .fo templates for SW attached to a tracker item at
            sourceforge. Here's the link to the download.

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?
            group_id=25576&atid=441567&file_id=26481&aid=577853

            If the link gets wordwrapped just cutnpaste it into one line in your
            browser.

            Now, if only someone with CVS access could actually CVS them for me.
            No coding required, just CVS. <pleading> Pretty please someone,
            anyone... </pleading> after the code/lst freeze of course.

            Later,
            Hugo
            Saguinus Imperator
          • backlash_de
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "emperorfranz" <emperorfranz@y...> wrote:

              > Now, if only someone with CVS access could actually CVS them for
              > me.
              > No coding required, just CVS. <pleading> Pretty please someone,
              > anyone... </pleading> after the code/lst freeze of course.
              >
              > Later,
              > Hugo
              > Saguinus Imperator

              If you write me a reminder-email August 2nd with the files attached,
              I'll cvs them for you.
              (Oh, and add the FREQ ID so I can close it.)

              Kinson
              ravenlock at gmx dot de
            • Mynex
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
                Uhrm.. what files are we talking about here? If they're already
                attached to a ticket at SF DM trackers we'll get them in after the
                freeze.

                No offense intended Kinson, but we have people attach the files to the
                tracker tickets so we can check the files out and the submitter will get
                an email (hence why we require an ID for data) when it's added to CVS.
                Part of that accountability thing. ;)

                Also makes sure that the files are good to go. :)

                Mynex

                - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
                - List files & Documentation Silverback
                - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
                  They are attached to the tracker ticket pcgen#577853 actually. That's
                  pcgen SF not pcgendm SF since the output sheets are not part of
                  pcgendm. These are modified ROG sheets(isn't everyone's?) modified by
                  me.
                  Feel free to test although I would add that I've been "testing" these
                  for about 2-3 months now. ;)

                  I'll post a reminder after code freeze anyway just to nudge whoever
                  picks up the tracker item at SF.

                  Thanks,
                  Hugo
                  Saguinus Imperator

                  --- In pcgen@y..., Mynex <mynex3@c...> wrote:

                  > Uhrm.. what files are we talking about here? If they're already
                  > attached to a ticket at SF DM trackers we'll get them in after the
                  > freeze.
                  >
                  > No offense intended Kinson, but we have people attach the files to
                  the
                  > tracker tickets so we can check the files out and the submitter
                  will get
                  > an email (hence why we require an ID for data) when it's added to
                  CVS.
                  > Part of that accountability thing. ;)
                  >
                  > Also makes sure that the files are good to go. :)
                  >
                  > Mynex
                  >
                  > - #1 Evil Assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys
                  > - List files & Documentation Silverback
                  > - RPG Reviews Editor & Reviewer

                • Mynex

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 31, 2002
                      Thanks. I just downloaded it, so I hope it works.