Prepared Lists with pdf export?

  • suropmet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2002
      Okay, I'm seeing behavior that I would call a bug, but it might be
      the way things were meant to be, I don't know.

      In my group, we like to use prepared lists. We like to keep several
      sets on the sheet, so we have minimal "tweaking" during a session.
      Typically we (the three spell casters) keep three main lists.

      For the latest version 2.7.3, I'm seeing strange behavior.
      The "Prepared Spells" page looks somewhat normal. (Although no
      metamagic feats seem to be showing up when used. Also, would love to
      be able to memorize, and see them properly as two different slots,
      one version normal, and one version metamagic.)

      However the section that I would refer to as "Known Spells" lists
      first the known spell list, then proceeds to go back through, and
      show each of the prepared lists in the same longer format. (IE name
      school, effect. etc...)

      This gets confusing to work through, it's a tad frustrating. I'm
      hoping that this is a bug, and not the new way the system is
      intending to work. I like having the prepared lists broken out and
      seperate from the known list.

      On a different note, will it ever be possible to intentionally
      memorize a lower level spell in a higher level slot? (Other than via
      a metamagic feat?) Perhaps a workaround would be a bogus version of
      Height spell, which simply doesn't heighten the spell to the new
      version? Just a thought.

      temporus@...
    • suropmet
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
        I'm using the PDF Export feature for the ROG (csheetROG.fo, or
        csheetROG_with_picture.fo)

        I categorize two "Spell Sections" on these sheets. The first, I
        refer to as the Known Spell List, which gives more data on each spell.

        The other section is the Prepared Spell lists. This just lists each
        individual spell with a check box next to it for tracking which ones
        you've cast.

        Our group likes to keep several "standard" spell lists set for each
        of the casters. Not a problem this looks like it will work okay.

        What I get though, is for the "Known Spell List" is a printout
        normal, then a new printout for each of the "Prepared lists" that I
        have set up for the character. Is this an issue with the .fo file?
        Or is this an issue with the export part of the program?

        Also, I am not seeing it noted on the printouts, when a spell has a
        metamagic feat turned on. (Example is Energy Substitution)

        Thanks,

        temporus@...