[pcgen] Weapon Specialization overhaul? (was Re: [STABLE] Psychic Warrior Weapon Specialization Broken)

  • Thomas Clegg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2002
      Yep, that was the problem I had with the Feat stuff, in that FEATAUTO
      doesn't allow any choices, just meant for adding a feat without choices
      apparently.

      In the Class.lst, you probably need ADD:FEAT(Weapon Specialization)1
      instead.

      IMHO, we need to redo the Weapon Specialization feat.

      I'd suggest:
      Weapon Specialization
      TYPE:Fighter.Special
      PREVAR:WpnSpecialize=1
      <current other stuff>

      and on a class that can specialize:
      DEFINE:WpnSpecialize|0
      BONUS:VAR|WpnSpecialize|1 at the appropriate level allowed.

      This would get rid of all the <Class> Specialization feats.

      What think?
      Tom

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2002
        Not a bad idea at all!

        I like...it would make it much easier to create a class that can take
        weapon specialization at a later date. We also might want to do this
        for other special feats (like Spell Mastery) so that other classes
        can just give the ability to their members.

        Ark
        Feat Gibbon
        LST Chimp
        Baby Soul Reaper Monkey

        --- In pcgen@y..., Thomas Clegg <arknight@s...> wrote:
        > Yep, that was the problem I had with the Feat stuff, in that
        FEATAUTO
        > doesn't allow any choices, just meant for adding a feat without
        choices
        > apparently.
        >
        > In the Class.lst, you probably need ADD:FEAT(Weapon Specialization)1
        > instead.
        >
        > IMHO, we need to redo the Weapon Specialization feat.
        >
        > I'd suggest:
        > Weapon Specialization
        > TYPE:Fighter.Special
        > PREVAR:WpnSpecialize=1
        > <current other stuff>
        >
        > and on a class that can specialize:
        > DEFINE:WpnSpecialize|0
        > BONUS:VAR|WpnSpecialize|1 at the appropriate level allowed.
        >
        > This would get rid of all the <Class> Specialization feats.
        >
        > What think?
        > Tom

        Broken

        > > Since we're looking at making the Psionics good by Wednesday, I am
        > > testing all the classes in the PsiHB. I believe that there is a
        > > problem with the way that the Weapon Specialization feat acts
        when a
        > > CHOOSEr is supposed to come up.
        > >
        > > When creating a 6th level psychic warrior with weapon focus
        (club), I
        > > don't get a box allowing me to choose my specialized weapon.
        > >
        > > I thought about FEATAUTO (because PsyWarriors can only take the
        feat
        > > at 6th level) but the choose (or lack thereof) box never appears.
        > >
        > > Ark
        > > Feat Gibbon
        > > LST Chimp
        > > Baby Soul Reaper Monkey

        > > PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • thornbep
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          Sorry if this is non-sequitur but, I started using (a long time ago)
          PRESA:1,Weapon Specialization in the Weapon Specialization feat, and
          added SA:Weapon Specialization to the level line of any class I
          wanted to be able to specialize at some point in their career.

          Am I high? This SEEMS easy.

          Phil

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
            hmmmm.....

            nope, don't like it.... too easy.... makes sense... nope, not here... that
            dog don't hunt mister... :-) :-)

            Not bad really. :-)

            I think the problem is that any class that gets it at the moment, other than
            a fighter naturally, can only choose it at one particular time and no other.
            Doesn't make sense for me, but that's the way it's stated.. :-/

            (Personally, I think any class that can specialize should be able to pick it
            up at any level after they gain the ability)

            Tom