BUG

  • Shane Harsch
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 12, 2001
      I have a feat called "Educated".

      Educated TYPE:General DESC:All Knowledge Skills are class skills for you, you are at +1 with any 2 Knowledge Skills, and you are literate. CSKILL:Knowledge%
          CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge%|2 BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

      CSKILL & CHOOSE/BONUS work separately but do not work together. The affect of the above code is that I get to choose 2 skills but they are not treated as class skills. remove CHOOSE/BONUS, and CSKILL then takes affect.

      Thanks.
    • rodac@pnv.net
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2001
        2 things

        1) Anyone else having problems with Feat:Weapons Finesse with
        multiclass character not listing ALL weapons proficent with when
        making weapon selection? It is only showing character first class
        weapon list. I am using the new version and its LST files unmodified
        and have all the campaigns except for the starwars stuff loaded.
        Debug doesnt show anything. Weapon Focus works correctly and their
        side by side in the phbfeat.lst, I am new to this software but it
        looks ok there to me. Would one of the other LST files have this feat
        in there and override it? I assumed the ranking thing was to set
        priority for which lst files to use in case of duplicity? I havent
        read through all the online documentation yet, so I dont know if I am
        barking up the wrong tree.

        2) With every package except the Starwars items loaded and on options
        page with Ignore Eqipment Cost checked, and Unlimited Stat Pool
        checked, and I think this is important one.. Include Skills set to
        ALL. Then when on preview tab "export to" button works fine, but if I
        use the "export" button on end, I get an error box that says:

        "Error replacing SKILLLISTMODS"

        and the debug window after the standard good load up info for latest
        version of pcgen and sun java says after this error occurs:

        "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"

        This happens with any character generated before or after I installed
        latest version 2.0.3 and only with Include Skills set to ALL.

        heres the load up debug info, but it looks good to me:

        -- listing properties --
        java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Stand...
        sun.boot.library.path=C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3.1\bin
        java.vm.version=1.3.1-b24
        java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
        path.separator=;
        java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
        file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
        java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
        user.dir=D:\pcgen
        java.runtime.version=1.3.1-b24
        java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
        os.arch=x86
        java.io.tmpdir=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\
        line.separator=

        java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        java.awt.fonts=
        os.name=Windows Me
        java.library.path=C:\WINDOWS;.;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;C:\WIN...
        java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
        java.class.version=47.0
        os.version=4.90
        user.home=C:\WINDOWS
        user.timezone=
        java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
        file.encoding=Cp1252
        java.specification.version=1.3
        user.name=rodac
        java.class.path=pcgen.jar
        java.vm.specification.version=1.0
        java.home=C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3.1
        user.language=en
        java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
        java.vm.info=mixed mode
        java.version=1.3.1
        java.ext.dirs=C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3.1\l...
        sun.boot.class.path=C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVASOFT\JRE\1.3.1\l...
        java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
        file.separator=\
        java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport...
        sun.cpu.endian=little
        sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
        user.region=US
        sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386
        PCGen version:2.0.3
      • rodac@pnv.net
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 1, 2001
          Doh for bug #2 I should have listed the charsheet template used too,
          sorry. its:

          csheetROG_combined.htm

          -rodney

        • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 1, 2001
            That's right, blame me :-P

            Actually, you will probably find it will happen in any sheet that
            uses the |SKILLLISTMODS| tag.

            Hmmm, I shouldn't even be using that tag anyway (the stat block sheet
            would use it though).

            Ah Ha!!! The section of the sheet that that is in is commented out
            (in HTML) so it's not even being displayed.

            I'll checkin a new version of the templates so the next release won't
            have it there.

            In the mean time, if you feel ambitious, edit the html template and
            remove the commented out section that contains |SKILLLISTMODS| :-)

            -ROG

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 2, 2001
              Thanks for feedback, I dont know why I didnt look at the charsheet.
              Anyhow I am new to PCgen but look forward to poking my head under the
              hood and see whats all there.
              I guess I just didnt use the Skills Listed: aLL switch in th vers
              2.0.1 or 2.0.2 Guess the SKLLSLISTMODS is as good a place as any for
              me to start looking around at the tags and syntax.
              Anyhow, keep up the great work everyone invovled with this project. I
              love it and it satisfies some of my cravings I have been needing
              a 'fix' for in my d20 gaming needs :)

              -rodney

              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 2, 2001
                Okay Just one thing now. ROG answered me question to #2 :)
                And plz dont yell at me too hard if I am overlooking something
                obvious, I aint had a chance yet to really dig around and enjoy what
                you all have created here yet. You all got a great item here and its
                about time somebody did it right like you all are. I just cant
                believe the things been out this long and I just now found it :(

                -Rodney

              • mocha@mcs.net
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 2, 2001
                  I haven't noticed it, but I haven't tried too many multi-class
                  characters lately, so it's possible. Can you give an example of a
                  character you created and what weapon selections you were expecting?

                  -Bryan

                • rodac@pnv.net
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 2, 2001
                    4th level rogue/2nd level fighter. Weapon focus shows all weapons
                    from both classes that char is proficient with, however Weapon
                    Finesse seems to only show rogue weapons list. I recreated the char
                    from scratch and it still did it, so I will try some other
                    multiclass/level combo's out and see if I cant duplicate the problem.
                    -rodney

                  • rodac@pnv.net
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 2, 2001
                      Sorry All, Kill this thread. I dont know why I was thinking that
                      weapon finesse was like weapon focus in that it should so all weapons
                      proficient in. I had a brainfart. Weapon finesse is for light
                      weapons, dont know what me head was doing :) So it looks fine to me
                      now that I have corrected and cleaned my brain.lst hehehe
                      Boy do I feel dumb with a capital D

                      -rodney

                    • Michele
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 11, 2004
                        I created a character for a 8th level elf paladin (3.5 ed).
                        If I print the character sheet
                        (csheet_character_fantasy_std_blackandwhite.xslt) the base attack
                        bonus comes with two plus sign (++) instead one.
                        In page 3 I found a table entitled "Innate Racial Speels" on which I
                        found the Detect Evil capability of the paladin .. since this's not a
                        racial innate spell ability but a class one I thought the title
                        should be "Innate Class Spells" or "Innate Class/Racial Spells" or
                        just "Innate Spells". I tried to modify templates but I'm a real
                        beginner here so I have no success modifying them ... how I can fix
                        it?
                      • kmojica12
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 18 2:18 PM
                          I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times and I cannot even
                          open the program. It keeps telling me "Another program is using this
                          file" when I have nothing running at the moment.

                          Anyone had this happen before? What did you do?
                        • Paul W. King
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 19 6:40 AM
                            > I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times and I cannot
                            > even open the program. It keeps telling me "Another program is
                            > using this file" when I have nothing running at the moment.
                            >
                            > Anyone had this happen before? What did you do?

                            Are you using the installers for PCGen? What version of java do you have on your machine? Are you trying to use the *.jar file or (if you're on a Windows box) are you trying to use one of the *.bat files?

                            Paul W. King
                            PR SB, BoD
                          • jhm
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 5, 2010
                              hello all just wanted to inform you of a bug i discovered when i loaded up the core resource files for msrd basics, future, menaces and arcana. i am not totally sure what the error codes mean but here they are...

                              LSTWARN COST expected a number: 3 WT:.75, assuming zero
                              LSTWARN COST expected a number: 5 WT:2, assuming zero
                              SEVERE Bad roll string in '2d10+Special': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Special"
                              java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Special"
                              at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
                              at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
                              at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.RollInfo.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Globals.getDamageDownKey(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Globals.adjustDamage(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Globals.adjustDamage(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.adjustDamage(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.getDamageAdjustedForSize(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.resizeItem(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.createItem(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.gui.sources.MainSource$20.construct(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
                              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[...]

                              at pcgen.core.Globals.getDamageUpKey(Unknown Source)
[...]

                              SEVERE Bad roll string in 'varies': java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "varies"
[...]

                              SEVERE Error in PrerequisiteTest, failing test:
                              pcgen.core.prereq.PrerequisiteException: plugin.pretokens.test.PreRaceTester does not support prerequisites for Equipment.
                              at pcgen.core.prereq.AbstractPrerequisiteTest.passes(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passes(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.prereq.PrereqHandler.passesAll(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonus(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.PObject.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(Unknown Source)
                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.getACMod(Unknown Source)
[...]

                              at pcgen.core.Equipment.bonusTo(<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
                            • karianna03
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 6, 2010
                                What version of PCGen was this in?

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 20, 2010
                                  This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 28, 2010
                                    *bump*

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@...> wrote:

                                    > This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.
                                    >
                                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > What version of PCGen was this in?

                                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > hello all just wanted to inform you of a bug i discovered when i loaded up the core resource files for msrd basics, future, menaces and arcana. i am not totally sure what the error codes mean but here they are...

                                  • Tir Gwaith
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 28, 2010
                                      Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
                                      noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download Alpha
                                      Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
                                      missing there.

                                      I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
                                      tabs in the files are being read as spaces.

                                      futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
                                      Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a text
                                      entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
                                      didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
                                      that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
                                      the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
                                      DAMAGE:varies

                                      PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
                                      it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
                                      Tom would have to comment on that.

                                      Tir Gwaith
                                      PCGen LST Chimp

                                      On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                      > *bump*
                                      >
                                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@...> wrote:
                                      >>
                                      >> This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.
                                      >>
                                      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                                      >> >
                                      >> > What version of PCGen was this in?

                                      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                                    • karianna03
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 31, 2010
                                        Hi all,

                                        > Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
                                        > noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download
                                        > Alpha Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
                                        > missing there.

                                        I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.

                                        As for the rest *Bump*

                                        > I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
                                        > tabs in the files are being read as spaces.
                                        >
                                        > futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
                                        > Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a
                                        > text
                                        > entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
                                        > didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
                                        > that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
                                        > the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
                                        > DAMAGE:varies
                                        >
                                        > PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
                                        > it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
                                        > Tom would have to comment on that.
                                        >

                                        > Tir Gwaith
                                        > PCGen LST Chimp
                                        >

                                        > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                        > > *bump*
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jhm" <jhmunlimited@> wrote:
                                        > >>
                                        > >> This is 5.16.1 loading the unmodified source files for MSRD Complete. From what I can tell it's not really causing any problems with the program or anything I have tried to do with it, but I wanted to bring it to the community's attention. I believe it might have something to do with the coding in some of the *.lst files, though I'm not really sure.

                                        > > ------------------------------------
                                        > >
                                        > > Related Lists

                                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • karianna03
                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                                          Hi all,

                                          So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                                            Hi,

                                            I thought we had a tracker for that. I had assigned it to one of the
                                            newbie lst monkeys, and then I finally did it after not hearing back for
                                            a long time...

                                            This should have been dealt with a long time ago.

                                            On 5/27/2010 5:04 AM, karianna03 wrote:
                                            > Hi all,
                                            >
                                            > So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03"<martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                                            >
                                            >> Hi all,
                                            >>

                                            >>> Since I just went to the website to DL 5.17.1 for a clean install, I
                                            >>> noticed that pcgen.sourceforge.net, under Option 2. Download
                                            >>> Alpha Releases, only lists the Release Candidates for 5.16.... 5.17 is
                                            >>> missing there.
                                            >>>
                                            >> I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.
                                            >>
                                            >> As for the rest *Bump*

                                            >>> I can't reproduce, using 5.16.2 or 5.17.1. It looks like some of the
                                            >>> tabs in the files are being read as spaces.
                                            >>>
                                            >>> futureequipment_weapons_ranged.lst:
                                            >>> Concussion Rifle has DAMAGE:2d6+Special, but since DAMAGE is a
                                            >>> text
                                            >>> entry only, that makes no sense for the error report. And no, I
                                            >>> didn't see it. So maybe it is something with an Output sheet or GMGen
                                            >>> that is trying to do something? Same thing would be happening with
                                            >>> the Mini-Grenade Launcher and Mini-Rocket Launcher, which have
                                            >>> DAMAGE:varies
                                            >>>
                                            >>> PRERACE bits on equipment. Didn't see the error, but from the report,
                                            >>> it's yelling about the VFEAT tags, that should support PRERACE....
                                            >>> Tom would have to comment on that.
                                            >>>

                                            >>> Tir Gwaith
                                            >>> PCGen LST Chimp

                                            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                                            PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                                            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                                            Message 21 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                                              Hi,

                                              Yup, here is the tracker -
                                              http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2879652&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                                              Message 22 of 23 , May 27, 2010
                                                It's PHP code, the old RSS feed no longer carried the data we wanted, the new RSS feed has a different structure, so I very quickly hacked the PHP so that there was some sort of a link.

                                                But boy is it _bad_ code.

                                                I'm aiming to make it at least reasonable this weekend

                                                > I thought we had a tracker for that. I had assigned it to one of the
                                                > newbie lst monkeys, and then I finally did it after not hearing back for
                                                > a long time...
                                                >
                                                > This should have been dealt with a long time ago.
                                                >

                                                > On 5/27/2010 5:04 AM, karianna03 wrote:
                                                > > Hi all,
                                                > >
                                                > > So I've made the downloads sort of work in that the various 5.17.x Alphas are now there, but the display isn't fantastic and the PHP code is hideous. I plan to tidy up both of those this weekend.

                                                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03"<martijnverburg@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > >> Hi all,

                                                > >> I won't be able to correct this until I get back to London in early March, if someone else can update this in the mean time that would be great.
                                                > >>
                                                > >> As for the rest *Bump*

                                                > > Related Lists

                                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                                > >

                                                > --
                                                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                                > PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                                                > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                                              • karianna03
                                                Message 23 of 23 , May 29, 2010
                                                  Code is now somewhat nice, as is the display, complaints can come to the complaints department (run by Ninja Monkeys)