Re: AC modifier question

  • StromMcLeod
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
      > > Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
      > > ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
      > > already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the
      > trick.
      >
      > It shouldn't be too hard to change the code to compare to negative
      > maxInt instead of zero, that way it would find the highest bonus of
      > that type including negatives and use it.

      the reason why I think that COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=enhancment
      didn't work is because it -is- not stacked, so it was probably taking
      the best value... obviously, 0 is better than -1. :)
      I think that's why removing the Type would make it work again...
      at least, that's how the non-stacking rules would work, and giving it
      a TYPE= puts it into that nonstack type.