Re: Plambert Builds still failing big time..

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Plambert is very kind to donate his time and servers. He just got
      back from vacation so he's probably a bit tied up with getting RL
      stuff back in order. I know he's keen to get it back to working...
      hopefully by the week's end his normally flawless service will be
      restored. :)

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
      > any eta on getting them fixed??
    • Paul M. Lambert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        OK, I looked a little closer at it and found the problem.

        Because of the lack of local locking, many many many cronjobs were
        paused waiting for the cvs servers to unlock.

        When it last unlocked (00:00 this morning, -ish ;-) then a zillion jobs
        finished at once.

        At one point, a symlink is made in a directory to another directory with
        the same name. That symlink was made multiple times, resulting in the
        nesting you saw.

        I've implemented a timeout on the cvs checks now... it has 10 minutes to
        update, or the process is killed. That'll let the updates fail nicely.

        However, I still need to implement a local lockfile. Working on that
        next...

        The "latest" build is up, and I deleted the oversized files so no one
        bothers to download them...

        --plambert

        On Mon, 01 Jul 2002, merton_monk wrote:

        > Plambert is very kind to donate his time and servers. He just got
        > back from vacation so he's probably a bit tied up with getting RL
        > stuff back in order. I know he's keen to get it back to working...
        > hopefully by the week's end his normally flawless service will be
        > restored. :)
        >
        > -Bryan
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
        > > any eta on getting them fixed??