Re: Spycraft Problem Revisited

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      You're getting StackOverflow errors. Try opening the debug console
      before you load a character, you probably see lots of those
      exceptions, which slows everything down to a crawl.

      It seems to be related to how a lot of the DEFINE: and BONUS:
      statements are done. There are lots of unnecessary .INTVAL
      statements (all bonus/variables are converted to integer... .INTVAL
      is only for intermediary truncation).

      I went through and modified them and then the spycraft Solider I was
      creating was much happier. Replace the contents of your
      spycraftracesdept.lst (why does it not end in race.lst? anyone know?
      That's our standard ending for a race file...) with the file that I
      will upload momentarily...

      Could someone with cvs access please cvs this? Thanks.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "rjwortman" <RJWortman@a...> wrote:
      > I posted this once, but wanted to add a little more info. When
      > trying to create a Spycraft charcter, my computer bogs down to the
      > point of ridiculosusness. For instance, when using skill points, it
      > takes upwards of 2-3 minutes each time I try to spend a point on a
      > skill.
      > This only happens when creating Spycraft characters....regular D&D
      > works fine.
      > I have a Compaq 800mh system running Windows ME.
      > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate them.
      > Thanks,
      > Bob
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        Um.. I think I did the racesdept.... I'll get that changed, along with
        removing the unneccessary .INTVAL statements. I think I may have done those
        when I was having issues with the very first drafts of the file.... The
        formulas were a lot more complicated back then (before the original CVS.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon