Plambert Builds still failing big time..

  • bd_92
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      any eta on getting them fixed??
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Plambert is very kind to donate his time and servers. He just got
        back from vacation so he's probably a bit tied up with getting RL
        stuff back in order. I know he's keen to get it back to working...
        hopefully by the week's end his normally flawless service will be
        restored. :)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "bd_92" <bd_92@y...> wrote:
        > any eta on getting them fixed??
      • Paul M. Lambert
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          OK, I looked a little closer at it and found the problem.

          Because of the lack of local locking, many many many cronjobs were
          paused waiting for the cvs servers to unlock.

          When it last unlocked (00:00 this morning, -ish ;-) then a zillion jobs
          finished at once.

          At one point, a symlink is made in a directory to another directory with
          the same name. That symlink was made multiple times, resulting in the
          nesting you saw.

          I've implemented a timeout on the cvs checks now... it has 10 minutes to
          update, or the process is killed. That'll let the updates fail nicely.

          However, I still need to implement a local lockfile. Working on that
          next...

          The "latest" build is up, and I deleted the oversized files so no one
          bothers to download them...

          --plambert

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
            bless you good sir!