2.6.9 Problem

  • Eric Swett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      For some reason whe I try to load the sources in 2.6.9
      it has a problem with the players handbook. Its
      showing the path as being program
      files/pcgen/datadata/wotc/... Its this datadata
      directory that is following things up and I'm not sure
      how to fix it or why its looking for that directoy in
      the first place. Any suggestions?

      =====
      Eric W. Swett

      "That is not dead which can eternal lie;
      And with strange eons, even death may die."
      -Howard Phillip Lovecraft

      http://www.geocities.com/innocent_eric

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Delete your options.ini.

        If you're a bit more computer savvy you can open your options.ini
        file. If *only* the playershandbook is a problem, then look at the
        line that starts with
        pcgen.files.chosenCampaignSourcefiles
        look for the playershb.pcc entry in that line.

        If all sources have this problem, then you probably want to remove
        the line that starts with
        pcgen.options.pccFilesLocation

        It should be something like
        pcgen.options.pccFilesLocation=C\:\\PCGen269\\data
        but if you delete the whole line PCGen will set it back to its
        default location which is most likely correct.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Swett <innocent_eric@y...> wrote:
        > For some reason whe I try to load the sources in 2.6.9
        > it has a problem with the players handbook. Its
        > showing the path as being program
        > files/pcgen/datadata/wotc/... Its this datadata
        > directory that is following things up and I'm not sure
        > how to fix it or why its looking for that directoy in
        > the first place. Any suggestions?
        >
        > =====
        > Eric W. Swett
        >
        > "That is not dead which can eternal lie;
        > And with strange eons, even death may die."
        > -Howard Phillip Lovecraft
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/innocent_eric

        > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • Scott Ellsworth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 09:53 AM, Eric Swett wrote:

          > Its showing the path as being program
          > files/pcgen/datadata/wotc/... Its this datadata
          > directory that is following things up and I'm not sure
          > how to fix it or why its looking for that directoy in
          > the first place. Any suggestions?

          Try removing options.ini. This has occasionally happened to me when I
          misunzipped the data directory for a fresh install.

          Scott
        • Innocent_Eric
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
            Actually the problem seems to be narrowed down to a specific .lst.
            It is the playershbclasses.lst that it seems to be having the
            troubles with. I went in and tried the things you sigeested, but
            came up with the same error.