Re: AC modifier question

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      There's already a template available that should handle the Rage
      ability of your Barbarian. You can add it and print out a
      charactersheet to look at what your Barbarian would be like while
      Raging. Let me know if that doesn't fit your need.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I hvae been trying to make a custom race for a Barbarian, to make a
      > special sheet when he is raging.
      > Human(Raging).
      > Everything is going well, (modifiers to stats and saves) except I
      > cannot make a negative AC modifier.
      > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Enhancement
      > Only seems to handle positive modifiers, If a modifier is used with
      > minus symbol, it has no effect on the characeter. Of course if
      only
      > the modifier is entered, the modifier is positive and works as
      > expectied for the character.
      >
      > Is there any other way to do this?
      >
      > I would appreciate any help.
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
        ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
        already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the trick.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "draggor2k" <draggor2k@y...> wrote:
        > Possibly change the TYPE to Penalty, if it exists. The number
        > would still be positive
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I hvae been trying to make a custom race for a Barbarian, to
        > make a
        > > special sheet when he is raging.
        > > Human(Raging).
        > > Everything is going well, (modifiers to stats and saves) except I
        > > cannot make a negative AC modifier.
        > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Enhancement
        > > Only seems to handle positive modifiers, If a modifier is used
        > with a
        > > minus symbol, it has no effect on the characeter. Of course if
        > only
        > > the modifier is entered, the modifier is positive and works as
        > > expectied for the character.
        > >
        > > Is there any other way to do this?
        > >
        > > I would appreciate any help.
      • mark_hulsman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          > Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
          > ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
          > already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the
          trick.

          It shouldn't be too hard to change the code to compare to negative
          maxInt instead of zero, that way it would find the highest bonus of
          that type including negatives and use it.
        • StromMcLeod
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
            > > Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
            > > ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
            > > already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the
            > trick.
            >
            > It shouldn't be too hard to change the code to compare to negative
            > maxInt instead of zero, that way it would find the highest bonus of
            > that type including negatives and use it.

            the reason why I think that COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=enhancment
            didn't work is because it -is- not stacked, so it was probably taking
            the best value... obviously, 0 is better than -1. :)
            I think that's why removing the Type would make it work again...
            at least, that's how the non-stacking rules would work, and giving it
            a TYPE= puts it into that nonstack type.