Re: AC modifier question

  • draggor2k
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      Possibly change the TYPE to Penalty, if it exists. The number
      would still be positive

      --- In pcgen@y..., "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I hvae been trying to make a custom race for a Barbarian, to
      make a
      > special sheet when he is raging.
      > Human(Raging).
      > Everything is going well, (modifiers to stats and saves) except I
      > cannot make a negative AC modifier.
      > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Enhancement
      > Only seems to handle positive modifiers, If a modifier is used
      with a
      > minus symbol, it has no effect on the characeter. Of course if
      only
      > the modifier is entered, the modifier is positive and works as
      > expectied for the character.
      >
      > Is there any other way to do this?
      >
      > I would appreciate any help.
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        There's already a template available that should handle the Rage
        ability of your Barbarian. You can add it and print out a
        charactersheet to look at what your Barbarian would be like while
        Raging. Let me know if that doesn't fit your need.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I hvae been trying to make a custom race for a Barbarian, to make a
        > special sheet when he is raging.
        > Human(Raging).
        > Everything is going well, (modifiers to stats and saves) except I
        > cannot make a negative AC modifier.
        > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Enhancement
        > Only seems to handle positive modifiers, If a modifier is used with
        > minus symbol, it has no effect on the characeter. Of course if
        only
        > the modifier is entered, the modifier is positive and works as
        > expectied for the character.
        >
        > Is there any other way to do this?
        >
        > I would appreciate any help.
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
          ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
          already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the trick.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "draggor2k" <draggor2k@y...> wrote:
          > Possibly change the TYPE to Penalty, if it exists. The number
          > would still be positive
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I hvae been trying to make a custom race for a Barbarian, to
          > make a
          > > special sheet when he is raging.
          > > Human(Raging).
          > > Everything is going well, (modifiers to stats and saves) except I
          > > cannot make a negative AC modifier.
          > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=Enhancement
          > > Only seems to handle positive modifiers, If a modifier is used
          > with a
          > > minus symbol, it has no effect on the characeter. Of course if
          > only
          > > the modifier is entered, the modifier is positive and works as
          > > expectied for the character.
          > >
          > > Is there any other way to do this?
          > >
          > > I would appreciate any help.
        • mark_hulsman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
            > Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
            > ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
            > already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the
            trick.

            It shouldn't be too hard to change the code to compare to negative
            maxInt instead of zero, that way it would find the highest bonus of
            that type including negatives and use it.
          • StromMcLeod
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
              > > Actually, I think if you give a negative bonus a TYPE it will be
              > > ignored. BONUS:COMBAT|AC|-1 by itself should work. But there's
              > > already a Rage template in place, so hopefully that will do the
              > trick.
              >
              > It shouldn't be too hard to change the code to compare to negative
              > maxInt instead of zero, that way it would find the highest bonus of
              > that type including negatives and use it.

              the reason why I think that COMBAT|AC|-1|TYPE=enhancment
              didn't work is because it -is- not stacked, so it was probably taking
              the best value... obviously, 0 is better than -1. :)
              I think that's why removing the Type would make it work again...
              at least, that's how the non-stacking rules would work, and giving it
              a TYPE= puts it into that nonstack type.