[OT] Quote

  • STILES, BRAD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002

      > Fragging: When a US soldier puts a fragmentation bomb under
      > the tent of his commanding officer in order to avoid an order
      > to enter combat. Coined during Vietnam.

      Not to denigrate any Vietnam vets out there, but I distinctly remember my
      Uncle, a Korean vet, using this term in reference to that war. It wouldn't
      surprise me if it went back farther than that. After all, fragmentation
      devices, unpopular commanding officers, and people who would prefer to avoid
      combat, have all been around for a long time.

      Brad