Shield of Bashing?

  • Rayston
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
      I want to make a Large Steell Shield of Bashing with Shield Spikes,
      and an extra +1 to ATTACK

      so costwise it would equivilate a +3 bonus

      +1 for defense

      +1 for the Bashing Shield special enhancement

      and

      an extra +1 to attack

      is this possible with the create custome item ability in PCGEN?

      I cant seem to figure out how to add +1 to hit to the shield.

      Thanx
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
        At 01:54 PM 6/29/2002, you wrote:
        >I want to make a Large Steell Shield of Bashing with Shield Spikes,
        >and an extra +1 to ATTACK
        >
        >so costwise it would equivilate a +3 bonus
        >
        >+1 for defense
        >
        >+1 for the Bashing Shield special enhancement
        >
        >and
        >
        >an extra +1 to attack
        >
        >is this possible with the create custome item ability in PCGEN?
        >
        >I cant seem to figure out how to add +1 to hit to the shield.

        In order to get the Shield of Bashing to function at all, I had to create an dummy item as follows (carriage returns are tabs):

        Shield Bash
        TYPE:Weapon.Martial.Melee.Standard.Bludgeon.Metal
        COST:0
        WT:0
        SOURCEPAGE:p.104
        PROFICIENCY:Shieldbash
        CRITMULT:x2
        CRITRANGE:1
        DAMAGE:1d8
        HANDS:0
        SIZE:S

        Obviously, this is for a large shield. A small shield would be reduced to 1d6.

        You need to go ahead and buy the shield as normal (with it's base +1 and "Bashing" property). Then, you buy this item and use it to include the weapon effects. Note that the "Bashing" property already makes it count as a +1 weapon for purposes of attacking; when you add the +1 effect to this item, you need to adjust the cost back to 0.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • Rayston
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
          > At 01:54 PM 6/29/2002, you wrote:
          > >I want to make a Large Steell Shield of Bashing with Shield
          Spikes,
          > >and an extra +1 to ATTACK
          > >
          > >so costwise it would equivilate a +3 bonus
          > >
          > >+1 for defense
          > >
          > >+1 for the Bashing Shield special enhancement
          > >
          > >and
          > >
          > >an extra +1 to attack
          > >
          > >is this possible with the create custome item ability in PCGEN?
          > >
          > >I cant seem to figure out how to add +1 to hit to the shield.
          >
          > In order to get the Shield of Bashing to function at all, I had to
          create an dummy item as follows (carriage returns are tabs):

          > Shield Bash
          > TYPE:Weapon.Martial.Melee.Standard.Bludgeon.Metal
          > COST:0
          > WT:0
          > SOURCEPAGE:p.104
          > PROFICIENCY:Shieldbash
          > CRITMULT:x2
          > CRITRANGE:1
          > DAMAGE:1d8
          > HANDS:0
          > SIZE:S
          >
          > Obviously, this is for a large shield. A small shield would be
          reduced to 1d6.

          > You need to go ahead and buy the shield as normal (with it's base
          +1 and "Bashing" property). Then, you buy this item and use it to
          include the weapon effects. Note that the "Bashing" property already
          makes it count as a +1 weapon for purposes of attacking; when you add
          the +1 effect to this item, you need to adjust the cost back to 0.

          > --
          > Timothy J. Lanza
          > "When we can't dream any longer, we die." - Emma Goldman

          Kay I understand that I need to add this item as a custom item. but
          when you say "buy this item and use it to include the weapon
          effects" is it going to be a seperate item in my equip list? or is
          it like when you buy shield spikes and add them directly to the
          shield?

          and how/why would I be setting the cost back to 0? doesnt the +1 to
          attack stack with the +1 from bashing?
        • Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2002
            At 03:52 PM 6/29/2002, you wrote:
            >--- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
            >> At 01:54 PM 6/29/2002, you wrote:
            >> >I want to make a Large Steell Shield of Bashing with Shield
            >Spikes,
            >> >and an extra +1 to ATTACK
            >> >
            >> >so costwise it would equivilate a +3 bonus
            >> >
            >> >+1 for defense
            >> >
            >> >+1 for the Bashing Shield special enhancement
            >> >
            >> >and
            >> >
            >> >an extra +1 to attack
            >> >
            >> >is this possible with the create custome item ability in PCGEN?
            >> >
            >> >I cant seem to figure out how to add +1 to hit to the shield.
            >>
            >> In order to get the Shield of Bashing to function at all, I had to
            >create an dummy item as follows (carriage returns are tabs):
            >>
            >> Shield Bash
            >> TYPE:Weapon.Martial.Melee.Standard.Bludgeon.Metal
            >> COST:0
            >> WT:0
            >> SOURCEPAGE:p.104
            >> PROFICIENCY:Shieldbash
            >> CRITMULT:x2
            >> CRITRANGE:1
            >> DAMAGE:1d8
            >> HANDS:0
            >> SIZE:S
            >>
            >> Obviously, this is for a large shield. A small shield would be
            >reduced to 1d6.
            >>
            >> You need to go ahead and buy the shield as normal (with it's base
            >+1 and "Bashing" property). Then, you buy this item and use it to
            >include the weapon effects. Note that the "Bashing" property already
            >makes it count as a +1 weapon for purposes of attacking; when you add
            >the +1 effect to this item, you need to adjust the cost back to 0.
            >>

            >> --
            >> Timothy J. Lanza
            >> "When we can't dream any longer, we die." - Emma Goldman
            >

            >Kay I understand that I need to add this item as a custom item. but
            >when you say "buy this item and use it to include the weapon
            >effects" is it going to be a seperate item in my equip list? or is
            >it like when you buy shield spikes and add them directly to the
            >shield?

            Yes, it's a separate item. There is currently no way to get a Shield of Bashing to perform correctly.

            >and how/why would I be setting the cost back to 0? doesnt the +1 to
            >attack stack with the +1 from bashing?

            Are you adding an additional +1 to attack beyond the +1 included from the Bashing effect?
            --
            Timothy J. Lanza