Re: OA Class Spells

  • Gordon Vincent
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2002
      At 03:53 PM 06/28/2002 +0000, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@...> wrote:
      >Subject: Re: OA Class Spells
      >
      >--- In pcgen@y..., Gordon Vincent <cvincent1@a...> wrote:
      >
      > > There are a couple of things that I should ask:
      > > First, is there a reason why the same spell needs to be repeated in
      >the
      > > spell lists several times? By this I mean, the Shugenja list, for 0
      >level
      > > spells lists Daze twice, Detect Magic twice, Flare, Guidance,
      >Mending, and
      > > Resistance twice. Can these repeats be removed safely? If so, I'll
      >do it
      > > and upload that further-corrected file.
      > > Second, the skill points listed for Shaman in the OA class.lst
      >seems to be
      > > wrong. The OA book says they have 4, while the list says 2. Is the
      >book
      > > correct?
      > >
      > > Thanks for a great program, and for your time!
      >
      >Thanks! There is no reason to list spells more than once... it was
      >probably just cut 'n paste. There's no errata for OA that I'm aware
      >of, so the book is probably right when it says "4" for the Shaman's
      >skill points. Thanks for those catches. :)

      Cool. I've submitted the cleaned up class spell lst file via the PCGenabout
      page at Sourceforge.net/tracker.

      Thanks :-)

      Also, on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:40:04 -0500 "Tir Gwaith"
      <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:
      >Subject: Re: Re: OA Class Spells
      >
      >Gordon, you just had your soul reaped.. :)

      That's a, uh, good thing, right?

      >Get them in a List tracker (assign to Eric or myself).. If you don't know
      >what that is, email or IM me. We need some good LST edit monkeys, esp. as
      >we move into Squash all LST bugs mode for stable release.

      I've submitted the file through the Sourceforge site,
      sourceforge.net/tracker/ etc. If that's not what you mean, please let me know.

      >If you can test and test and find no problem, remove the extras...

      No problems are showing up yet. I've loaded a few OA spellcasters, and
      their spells show up fine. I've been specifically picking the formerly
      duplicated ones to provoke the program into revealing whether that causes
      mischief, but it all looks hunky-dory.

      Gordon Vincent

      "I have just as much authority as the Pope;
      I just don't have as many people who believe it."