Re: KNOWNSPELLS vs. spell list in classspells.lst

  • arknathd
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
      What they are saying, Allen, is that instead of a Paladin having to
      learn his spells, he knows ALL of them when he is able to cast that
      level. This piece of code simply tells PCGen that the Paladin class
      does not have to "learn" spells and to go ahead and list all spells
      labeled Paladin by the lst files in the Spells tab.

      Any clearer?

      Ark
      Feat 'tang
      LST Henchmule
      "Life's a hench." <HEE HAW> - Nodwick coffee mug

      --- In pcgen@y..., "allencohn" <allen@c...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the responses guys, but I still don't understand.
      >
      > On an abstract level, shouldn't the classspells.lst entries be
      > enough? For example, if classspells.lst has no fifth-level spells
      for
      > the paladin, doesn't that convey that the paladin has no fifth-
      level
      > spells? What's KNOWNSPELLS adding to the party that isn't already
      in
      > classspells.lst?
      >
      > Allen
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
      > > At 09:30 AM 6/28/2002, you wrote:
      > > >Can anyone explain what the difference is between the
      KNOWNSPELLS
      > tag
      > > >in class.lst and the list of spells in the classspells.lst
      files?
      > The
      > > >documentation makes them sound like the duplicate each other.
      > >
      > > KNOWNSPELLS controls which spell levels a character has complete
      > knowledge of for example...
      > >
      > > The Cleric or Druid has nine levels of spells:

      KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0|LEVEL=1|LEVEL=2|LEVEL=3|LEVEL=4|LEVEL=5|LEVEL=6|LE