Latest build class.lst hates PRERACETYPE?

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
      Just rebuilt from CVS, and tried to load the PHB, DMG, and MM.

      I'm getting the following error message: "Illegal class info
      monmandragonclasses.lst:21 "PRERACETYPE:BKDragon"

      I'm getting the error in my personal files as well. This is no good.
      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
        I had made all the PRExxx tags go through the PObjectLoader (super-
        class to most of the main data types in PCGen), but PRERACETYPE: is a
        special case for class.lst. I know I tested PHB and DMG loading
        after I made my changes, but I didn't test monman. I'll definitely
        look at that this evening if no one else fixes it before then.

        -Bryan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
            merton_monk wrote:

            > I had made all the PRExxx tags go through the PObjectLoader (super-
            > class to most of the main data types in PCGen), but PRERACETYPE: is a
            > special case for class.lst. I know I tested PHB and DMG loading
            > after I made my changes, but I didn't test monman. I'll definitely
            > look at that this evening if no one else fixes it before then.

            How so a special case? I'm in the PObjectLoader code right now looking
            at the PRE code. I take it I need the classloader code too?
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
              Yes - pcclassloader.java should deal with preracetype before the call
              to super.parseTag (which calls PObjectLoader). I didn't add
              PRERACETYPE, so I'm not sure why it's treated as a special-case, but
              I remember it from stumping through that code in the last few days
              and I didn't want to remove it.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
                merton_monk wrote:

                > Yes - pcclassloader.java should deal with preracetype before the call
                > to super.parseTag (which calls PObjectLoader). I didn't add
                > PRERACETYPE, so I'm not sure why it's treated as a special-case, but
                > I remember it from stumping through that code in the last few days
                > and I didn't want to remove it.

                in PCClassLoader.parseLine():

                if (option>10 && colString.startsWith("PRERACETYPE:"))
                obj.setPreRaceType(colString.substring(12));
                else if (option>10 && PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel(obj, colString, aInt))
                continue;

                We really need some comments in here... Half of these variables it's
                checking are about as arcane as you can get without just calling them
                all "foo".
                --
                "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
                oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
                through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
                see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
                Only I will remain." - www.goats.com
              • gsbingl
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
                  Change it to:

                  if (option > 10)
                  {
                  if (colString.startsWith("PRERACETYPE:"))
                  {
                  obj.setPreRaceType(colString.substring(12));
                  continue;
                  }
                  else if (PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel(obj, colString, aInt))
                  {
                  continue;
                  }
                  }