Re: [pcgen] custom campaign file

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      From: "Ricky Hunt" <rickyhunt@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2002 8:25 PM
      Subject: [pcgen] custom campaign file

      > I have been playing around with a custom campaign file and trying to
      > determine the best way to do it. First, I tried copying each item that I
      > was going to use into giant custom lst files. That idea was quickly
      > abandoned. :-)
      >
      > Next I made a large pcc file full of lst files. I mainly did this because
      > only use about half of the prestige classes from any of the supplements
      and
      > EXCLUDE: them from the relevant lst file. I recently got bitten by the
      > changes in the monster manual files, when several lst files were added and
      > the templates were split. Since I didn't have these in my custom pcc
      file,
      > they weren't picked up.

      Sorry about that. Trying to reorganize them so there weren't so many
      EXCLUDE/INCLUDE statements needed for the different items.

      > Now I am trying to make my custom PCC file so that it references the other
      > PCC files that I want to pick up. The problem is how to exclude items
      that
      > I don't want to use. I can't add "EXCLUDE:Cavalier", for instance, after
      > PCC reference. If I make a copy of the Sword and fist PCC file and make
      the
      > changes in it and put it in my custom dir, I have to check those files
      after
      > every update to make sure they haven't changed.
      >
      > What would really be useful for this purpose would be a way to exclude and
      > include items from the custom PCC file directly. For instance, I could
      put
      > ...swordfist.pcc|(EXCLUDE:CLASS.Cavalier) and it would know to exclude the
      > cavalier from the class list of that PCC. That way, even if a new
      revision
      > of the swordfist.pcc file added several new lines, Cavalier would still be
      > excluded from the class list and the custom file writer wouldn't have to
      > check the PCC file after each update.
      >
      > Is there any way to do this that I have missed or would this be a request
      > for a new feature?
      >
      > Rick

      You can exclude a whole LST file, but not part of one that way. I think
      Bryan already knows of that wish. If there isn't a FReq, there needs to
      be...

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
      MM Race Dragon