Help Please

  • scorpious_006
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
      I just finished downloading the pcgen...I can't seeme to get it to
      work...no exe? Please help..what am I doing wrong? Thank you.
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
        At 12:33 AM 6/2/2002, you wrote:
        >I just finished downloading the pcgen...I can't seeme to get it to
        >work...no exe? Please help..what am I doing wrong? Thank you.

        It's a java program, there is no .exe. The "executable" file is pcgen.jar.
        If you have trouble with that, there is a batch file that will start it via
        the command line.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
          If you have the documentation, in the "doc" directory the "Index.htm"
          file has a link to a Trouble Shooting page which diagnoses common
          errors.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
          > At 12:33 AM 6/2/2002, you wrote:
          > >I just finished downloading the pcgen...I can't seeme to get it to
          > >work...no exe? Please help..what am I doing wrong? Thank you.
          >
          > It's a java program, there is no .exe. The "executable" file is
          pcgen.jar.
          > If you have trouble with that, there is a batch file that will
          start it via
          > the command line.
          >

          > --
          > Timothy J. Lanza
          > "When we can't dream any longer, we die." - Emma Goldman
        • scorpious_006
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
            > If you have the documentation, in the "doc" directory
            the "Index.htm"
            > file has a link to a Trouble Shooting page which diagnoses common
            > errors.
            >
            > -Bryan

            I thank you for quickness. I am troubleshooting now...How do I know
            if I have Java? I did what the guide says...when I click on
            pcgen.jar it blinks a black screen and disappears...do I need to
            install Java? arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh....
          • pjak
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "scorpious_006" <Scorpious_006@h...> wrote:
              > I thank you for quickness. I am troubleshooting now...How do I
              know
              > if I have Java? I did what the guide says...when I click on
              > pcgen.jar it blinks a black screen and disappears...do I need to
              > install Java? arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

              Odds are that if you don't know if you have java installed, you don't
              have it. (It doesn't come by default with the operating system.)

              Choose the JRE for your operating system and download it from here:

              http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

              /Jonas